Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Has anyone tried the Bass Pro Cajun Critters?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone tried the Bass Pro Cajun Critters?

I thought i would try these double tailed soft plastics, anyone tried them/have any luck? these look like they would work on a 1/32 jig head or a road runner

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, love them things on a 1/16th oz roadrunner, wish they had a broader selection of colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Check with the plastics guys someone with a double tailed mold could pour you just about any color. Double tails have been around for a long time and work!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have looked at everything they make and can find nothing similar. Even the big companies like Grizzly and Monks have nothing like em, I have found everything else BPS markets under their brand by other manufacturers and brands but not them guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Yep, love them things on a 1/16th oz roadrunner, wish they had a broader selection of colors.
    Awesome thank you, I will definitely be picking some up. What colors have you had success with? Do u usually fish those roadrunners with a straight slow retrieve?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    X2 That's how I fish them and have had good results with them.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

wal-mart here (Corinth, MS) sells a very similar one by arkie. they have white, black/chartreuse, and red/chartreuse.

i like the double-tail because the angle of the 2 tails allow a perfect opening to tip the jig with a minnow. this allows the the tails to move freely and not come in contact with the minnow like a standard grub does.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the BPS Chicken Foot Grub in dark green and chartreuse tail with great success.

Name:  chicken foot grub.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  18.8 KB
    "I care not for a man's religion unless his dog and cat are the better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devinm88 View Post
    Awesome thank you, I will definitely be picking some up. What colors have you had success with? Do u usually fish those roadrunners with a straight slow retrieve?

I use every color they got, and catch fish on every color. I use em longlining and slow rolling em off a bank out to channel drops. I team em up with the Road runner Pro model with willow blades.

Post Thanks / Like

Willow blades and dip and glow,thats how i Roll! Bend a small jig head hook out for one of the best brim baits! just learned something about tippen a minnow thank you sir!!
    Reel foot yankee