Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: To drill or not??

Post Thanks / Like

Default To drill or not??

I just got my Hi-Teks, I wanted to buy or make a crows foot to mount the rod holders, but after getting them, I don't know if it will work. I have a 2006 20' bass boat I wanted to sell, but have decided to keep it for now. My question is, if I choose to mount the brackets to the deck of the boat how bad is the carpet and deck going to look if I remove the bracket to sell the boat later. Also for the ones that use or have used crows foot mounts what did/do you think about them, are they very sturdy? I will be using the rod holders for spider rigging.
    Thanks Aaron

Post Thanks / Like

Mounting the bases onto the carpet will leave indentations in the carpet when removed. It won't take long for the carpet to get compressed, and you will see the outline of the base after removal. With time the carpet will return/spring back to normal, but will probably always leave evidence something had been mounted there. Probably won't be able to see the holes depending on the carpet.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

When you remove them, take a wire brush and scrub the carpet from several different directions and you will never know they were there

Post Thanks / Like

I have taken off my Hi-Teks on my bass boat and all you can see is where the carpet was compressed. The nap of the carpet really hides the holes. I used a stiff nylon brush and some upholstery cleaner and it perked right up after removal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. I need to move m mounts and was haven't because I was worried about how the carpet would look.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for info, I wanted to make some type of no drill brackets, but I didn't think they would be very sturdy. I bit the bullet and mounted them to the deck of the boat. They are very sturdy this way and will be trying them out very soon.
    Thanks Aaron