Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lay Lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lay Lake?

Going in the morning to lay bass fishing but will more than likely throw at a few crappie. Anyone been doing any good there in the past few days? Thanks in advance for any info given. Heck, if you have any info on the bass there I will appreciate that also.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished at lay today. launched out of beeswax, crappie had lock jaw. Didn't catch one. Caught a couple bluegills, a ton of baby cats but that was it! Use minnows, and every jig and curly tail you can think of. Heard from others to hit paint creek and cedar creek, of course after the fact. Also heard they are bedding, so keep any eye out for the flats. We couldn't find them. Total snake bit!

They also had a bass tourney going on today. Saw a couple guys weighing in, but didn't talk to any of them as to where they were fishing.

Good luck and please post about your trip.

Brent
    McCalla, AL
    Louisiana Transplant!
    Geaux Tigers!

Post Thanks / Like

Launched out of Paint this morning. Fished til around 1 or so. We decided to fish for crappie early then we would try our luck with the bass around mid morning. Well, we managed to catch only 3 crappie. (bass assassins). All in about 4 ft on blow downs. Not one would measure.

We did pretty good on the bass. Caught several spots on shakey heads with bama bug finesse worm. I got 1 pretty good large head on a rattle bait.