Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berkley Vanish Line

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Berkley Vanish Line

Hello everyone, Thought I would share this with you. I saw the berkley vanish line in one of the fishing magazines. It said it was hi vis. gold above the water line and clear under water. I thought I would give it a try . Bad decision. It has high memory, The line lies on top of the water in coils. It was a waste of money, 12.95 for 250 yards. I am sharing this with you so you can learn from my mistake, I will stick with power pro line, It is the best I have found so far. Good Fishing To All ! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review JimmyS. That's what this site is all about, learning, well that and sharing laughs and lies. Scratch the lies, no one lies on this site. LOL
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I second that!

I second that on the power pro line, that stuff is the sh*t!!!!! I lose half the jigs that I use lose. I love the 15/4 and 10/2 line.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I dont believe I'll ever use Berkley line again, too many bad experiences

Post Thanks / Like

Default No difference for me

I use BOTH Trilene and Stren monofilament lines for crappie and bass, in XL XT, depending on where I'm fishing. They both perform well for me, and never had a problem with them. I have never tried the Power Pro Line and the Iron Silk yet, but after hearing some good things about them I'll give those a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 15/4 and 10/2 line.

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    I second that on the power pro line, that stuff is the sh*t!!!!! I lose half the jigs that I use lose. I love the 15/4 and 10/2 line.

What is 15/4 and 10/2 line?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duane
    What is 15/4 and 10/2 line?
    15 lb test line but the size of 4 lb test ling and 10 lb the size of 2 lb.
    A question to the ones using power pro. Does it work as good as standard line on spinning rods? I know I have try ed spider wire braid on spinning reels for sauger and did not like it. But thats all that I use on by bait casters.

Pete

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Jimmy ... some questions

Where did you get "gold" Berkley Vanish ?? Vanish is a fluorocarbon line ... supposedly "more clear" than "clear mono" ! No advertisements I've seen say anything about Vanish being "visible" above the water (not in the sense of glowing like clear/blue or gold mono). Quite the opposite - it says it refracts light like water ... making it virtually invisible "underwater". That's why they call it "Vanish" ! Are you sure it wasn't "Sensation Photochromic" ? (that line is a dull "copper" color ... and it is "mono")
    I'm not doubting your word - I've never used Berkley Vanish - I'm just trying to find out about this line. I use a lot of Berkley products, and for the most part I've been satisfied with them. The only "problem" I've encountered has been with the XT Solar and that's no longer made. As with most "colored" lines - it was stiff and had bad memory problems. I now use Berkley Ironsilk in its place, and though it isn't perfect ... it does seem to be a great improvement over the XT Solar.
    Please let us know where this line was purchased and its specs. ..........thanks .........cp

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it works far better than mono for the spinning reels. The brands that I have tried in mono have memory of the spool as you throw you line. The power pro has very little memory. As you send line out it goes out straight, no coils. Every now and then if you dont wind the line down with some weight on it you will get line under line. But just zing the lure as far as you can and reel back and your back in business. Also I use to restring mono every couple of months. I am on the same line for 6 months now, and if it gets down to far. You can resplice the line with more line and add back to it. I highly recommend the the 10/2 line, I loose only 2 or 3 jigs each time I go out. Not like when I used mono that use to loose 10 or more jigs.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Berkley Vanish line

Hello CP< I saw the line in the north american fisherman mag. I went to Bass Pro shop and looked at it. It's called Berkley vanish transition line,It says in the mag. I quote, it changes color from hi-vis gold above water when exposed to the suns rays to a virtually invisible clear state under water, End of quote. I tried it because I have trouble seeing my line , My eye sight is not what it used to be. I will stick with power pro line. It works well on spinning reels, I have not tried it on bait casting reels. Just wanted to share this with everyone so you will not waste your money on this line as I did.I am going to tie it to something and let it all off the reel and rewind it and see if that helps. It also is a large dia. line and I don't like that. I guess power pro has spolled me. Just stick with what works best right? Good fishing to all my friends on Crappie.Com. Jimmy S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast