Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bought had enough. Its time to kill something.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bought had enough. Its time to kill something.

I am sick of work. Got too much to do this year and it is taking every free minute that I have. 7 days a week and when We get done working on equipment, we will be going straight to the field for another 3 straight weeks. I need something to take my frustrations out. It is time for something to die. Dead deer walking. Lots of turkeys walking around on soon to be corn ground. tuff turkey, turkey. something soon will be dead.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

That is real nice. All you ever talk about on here is killing deer and how hard you have it. I love deer hunting and it is ashame that you can't respect others. I have to work two jobs 7 days a week also. We would all love to fish more but some of us have to support those that voted Obama in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2fish View Post
    That is real nice. All you ever talk about on here is killing deer and how hard you have it. I love deer hunting and it is ashame that you can't respect others. I have to work two jobs 7 days a week also. We would all love to fish more but some of us have to support those that voted Obama in.
    I'm glad You love deer hunting. I'm sure You have a place with a well managed herd. I don't like deer because of the damage they do to crops in my area. There is no dog hunting here and My area has one of the largest deer populations per square mile in the state of NC. I have to shoot large numbers every year down here to prevent having 50 to 60 thousand dollars in losses that can wipe out my take home for the year. Take what You make for an entire year in the form of dollar bills and feed them to a goat. You might start feeling the same way about goats as I do about deer as I can't pick those dollar bills until November. Leaving the goats or deer in my situation all year to eat. I have to protect the crops I am busting my ass all year long trying to raise and I can't let some deer eat what I raise. I run into people like You from time to time that can't understand why I do what I do when it comes to deer. I don't like to do it.. I have to. I spend time I could be fishing sitting in a deer stand in june after I have worked for 12 hours and have to shoot deer until dark in 90 degree heat. There are hunting clubs down here that I have no control of that have 30 members a piece. They only shoot about 40 to 50 deer a year and that is just a drop in the bucket for what needs to be killed just to manage the herd. Disease sets in on them every 4 or 5 years and thins them down any way. If people would do what they needed to, this would not happen as it is a product of overpopulation. I do respect others and am glad others get to enjoy deer hunting. I used to love deer hunting until I had to start spending my summers shooting them.

Don't even go there on my complaints about not having fishing time. There is a difference between You and I. You have two jobs. Ok so You work Your ass off too. Let me ask You this. Did You invest over a half million dollars on top of the work You do just to bring home what You got for the year. I have been working 12 to 14 hour days 7 days a week since last thanksgiving and truth be told,probably won't see any kind of break until mid july. You worry about gambling that kind of money on weather for a year and pull non stop hours like that on top of it. Market the crops to get at least a break even price, worry about the dang deer, hurricanes, drought, hail storms, and whatever else mother nature can throw at us knowing full well just one of these events can wipe out a crop that has to pay for that over half a million dollars invested that is borrowed money and also those 100 grand tractors that we are making payments on. Got to have those. no way around paying the money. You are working two jobs and have pressure. I understand. But let me tell You something, You don't know what pressure is. My one job is many. I have to be a welder, chemist, agronomist, geologist, entomologist, marketer, money/debt manager, heavy equipment operator, conservationist, wildlife manager and the list goes on and on. So is it too much for me to ask for a few days out of the year to just go fishing to clear my mind?

I fished a total of 4 days last year. the only day I was able to go this year so far was the NWR bash. I have worked my ass off everyday since. I Paid well more than My fair share to Obama in taxes. I have done my part.

Everyone that knows me knows I don't like deer. The deer hunters that know me know this too and they know that I appreciate the deer that they kill on my farms. I am glad they have time to go. I wish I had more time to fish. But I tell You what, I will not put up with anyone challenging me about what I have to do and my work and a complaint for working too much.What the heck do You think I am doing this for, my health? I have a family too. Most of the people here know that when I rant about deer, I get a little overboard sometimes and that am doing most of it out of fun. Go search "deerburger Hill". I still do not like them. Never will. If I did not respect anyones love for deer hunting, I would be against deer hunting. Why would I do that? You are actually helping me. I don't understand why this bothered You so much. If You don't like what I am saying, DON'T READ IT! Grow up and go deal with Your own problems. I posted this in off topic so You would not read it in the fishing section.

This is what I can't stand. I spend long hours doing work in an occupation that is dangerous, very very pressuring, most of the outcome is out of my control and all the work I have to do is only my part. I do all this to help grow the food that YOU eat and then have to listen to this crap. I will keep doing what I have to do with deer and work even though I would like to take a few days during the year and go fishing with my family. I will complain from time to time about it too. If you don't want to read it, don't. its that simple. This kind of crap makes me feel so unappreciated for what I have to do. I take pride in it and will defend it until the day I die. The complaints are part of it. There is an old saying, "when You gripe about farmers, don't talk with Your mouth full.". Maybe You've heard it. if so, listen to it.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys but before this gets way out of hand I feel it is best to lock the thread. Nothing personal against anyone. Feel free to continue it in the proper forum. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/way-off-topic/
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va