Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad News on my end

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad News on my end

Well, as some of you have read over the past two weeks or so, my wife has a herniated disc in her back. Well, the Friday before the TeeZur Tourney, she had an M.R.I. done. I am not a doctor, but i could tell where the problem was after looking after the imaging. Her surgeon has said that she will be down for six to eight weeks. With her being a school teacher, that isn't good. She will still get paid since she has so many sick days built up and between my insurance and hers, won't cost us a penny. She has decided to have it done this coming Monday because they are out of school all next week, then back out in three weeks for a week and a half for Christmas. I am gonna work tonight and since i worked overtime tuesday night, gonna lay out tomorrow night. She wants all this christmas stuff put up in and outside of the house. I have no problem with that at all because after the last marriage i was in, i will do whatever she asks because she is such a fine , loving and decent person to me and my children. Won't get into a long story about the last marriage, but i have full custody of my children Dylan and Shelby. I am gonna go fishing Sunday morning early and try to clear the lake out. After that i am gonna come home, put the fake a lake on, add some Sta-Bil to the gas, get my stuff out of it, put the cover on and put her in the barn until January. That is when the carpet is getting replaced and the gel coat is being reglazed. Sorry to ramble, just thought i would pass this on. Will still be checking in here everday as usual. Take care everyone. The new and improved "Fatboy Hydrasports" with improved electronics, knowledge, equipment and apprearances will be coming to a neighborhood near you soon.
    Take care all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will say a prayer for your wife and your family

Sorry to hear the news mate. I hope that your wife is taken well care of at the hospital. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

I have to go clean the leaves out of the gutters now so don't feel so bad about having to put up the Christmas stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Well, as some of you have read over the past two weeks or so, my wife has a herniated disc in her back. Well, the Friday before the TeeZur Tourney, she had an M.R.I. done. I am not a doctor, but i could tell where the problem was after looking after the imaging. Her surgeon has said that she will be down for six to eight weeks. With her being a school teacher, that isn't good. She will still get paid since she has so many sick days built up and between my insurance and hers, won't cost us a penny. She has decided to have it done this coming Monday because they are out of school all next week, then back out in three weeks for a week and a half for Christmas. I am gonna work tonight and since i worked overtime tuesday night, gonna lay out tomorrow night. She wants all this christmas stuff put up in and outside of the house. I have no problem with that at all because after the last marriage i was in, i will do whatever she asks because she is such a fine , loving and decent person to me and my children. Won't get into a long story about the last marriage, but i have full custody of my children Dylan and Shelby. I am gonna go fishing Sunday morning early and try to clear the lake out. After that i am gonna come home, put the fake a lake on, add some Sta-Bil to the gas, get my stuff out of it, put the cover on and put her in the barn until January. That is when the carpet is getting replaced and the gel coat is being reglazed. Sorry to ramble, just thought i would pass this on. Will still be checking in here everday as usual. Take care everyone. The new and improved "Fatboy Hydrasports" with improved electronics, knowledge, equipment and apprearances will be coming to a neighborhood near you soon.
    Take care all.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I will keep your family in my prayers.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Let me guess - L4-5 disc? You'll be doing a lot of slow paced walking for the next few weeks. Keep her walking, that's the best road to recovery with disc surgery. Don't sweat the small stuff - the fish will always be in the lake, they're not going anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Very close Zig, L3. I have almost died twice. I got spinal meningitus back in '91 when not a lot of people had heard of it. That was 3 weeks in a hospital. Still suffer some memory problems with that one. Then in October of 2000, came home, put some fries on for supper, sat down in my recliner , then fell asleep. I was awakened by the smoke alarms and greeted with a fire in my kitchen. I saved the house from burning down, but still have lots of scars left from that one, literally, like my whole left arm. I am not one who submits to pain. I always have been really pain tolerant. I will get her up and make her walk no matter how bad it hurts, don't mean to sound mean, but from past experience healing is 10% physical, 90% mental. In March i had a hernia that i have had for some time fixed and the doctor told me i would miss at least six weeks. I laughed and said i have a business to run. 12 days later, i was back at work. Thanks for all the kind words for my wife. I will be sure and show them to her. I especially will show her your post Zig. Take care.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about that Big J. I'm sure it'll all work out. Doctors can work miracles ande she should be ready to go fishing with you for sure the next time you get your boat out.

Speaking of Shelby; I have a daughter named Michele, we nicknamed Chelby. She's on chelby.com, the only one with a helmet, the one that came down to the TT with me.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default You have my sympathy

If Momma aint happy, aint nobody happy, if Momma is sick you better take care of her, If you have a good one, this day and age, you better do all you can, and I know you know that. Sorry to hear the news though, I will also keep yall in my prayers. If you are taking your boat to Mike Browning for the repair work tell him I said HI, and if you aint taking it to Mike, let me know, he is very good and I would highly reccomend him, Genises (sp) Fiberglass in Decherd. The crappie fishing here on Watts Bar is still not right, went out Tuesday fished about 5 hours had 17 SLABS one 2.6 lbs, went back Wed and caught 2, in the same time and places, go figure. Take care

Post Thanks / Like

Default I know what you mean

We will be praying that all is well and for a speedy recovery - a good wife is a wonderful thing - I had surgery in June though it was a completely different kind - walking is the key to getting the soreness out and back to regular way of life - my wife took good care of me and encouraged me to get my walking in - thats why I am cleaning gutters mulching leaves and pressure washing vinyl getting ready for the decorations today rather than fishing - but I will be at High Rock tommarrow the good lord willing - our thoughts go with you and your family fatboy

crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back Pain...

We'll keep her in our prayers Big J. I know about back pain, it's no fun at all. I fractured my spine in the fall of '99. I wish her well with a speedy recovery. As for the new and improved "FATBOY HYDRASPORTS", if you ever drag it over here you'll have to take me and Cane Pole out on it.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

Still suffer some memory problems with that one.
    I was told the Novacaine level I needed may affect my memory too. I didn't believe them...........

What were we talking about? :D

I hear were you're wavin' from. I can remember specifications of each and every lure I make, but can't remember what I had for breakfast. Wait, that's my selective memory.........

What were we talking about again? :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast