Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lighting

Post Thanks / Like

Default lighting

I was wondering how to change a "work" light ( the ones with metal reflectors) to alligator clamps.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I removed the clamp that comes with the light. I bought some plastic alligator clamps and taped one onto a bolt I put in place of the clamp that came on the light. I let the bolt head go into the socket that the round ball of the original clamp had. If you'll take your light and look at it you'll see what I'm talking about.:D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I done our very first "night stalk" tonight. Had a good time, only caught 1 good crappie and a good sized white bass. Caught about a dozen small crappie. Never really pulled any good shad and only fished a couple of hours.

I used a Brinkmann Starfire about 5 feet deep and a floating light. Also had a clamp-on reflector light that I changed over to 12 volt by changing to a 12 volt bulb and changing the plug to clips. I really like the clamp-on light as this makes it easy to see the rod tips and/or corks. I'm going to make another one up so I will have one for each end of my boat.
    CATCH A BIG-UN