Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: big fish, not a crappie, don't look Tap...........

Post Thanks / Like

Default big fish, not a crappie, don't look Tap...........

But I did put it in off topic........

Someone sent me this picture on the cell phone. It was caught Tuesday at a central Virginia lake I won’t name here, word is it was 16 or 19 pounds, I can’t find out any more details. One of those pictures that someone knows a guy that knows a guy that his brother knows the guy. I checked with the fish biologist at the local DGIF office and he has no knowledge of it. He would be the one certifying it if it was new state record so he ought to know. Either way it a nice un. Virginia record is 16 lbs, 4 oz. Guess where I’ll be Sunday………….wish I was there today…………………but I will be after crappie anyway..................

Name:  bigbrierybass.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  21.2 KB
    The Mountain Man
    "ooo I got a bite !!!."

Post Thanks / Like

Got confirmation today, it weighed 13.8. What a hog !
    The Mountain Man
    "ooo I got a bite !!!."

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All for the love of 1 more pound. What a hog!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

the state record is 16 lbs 4 oz but there have been two fish caught that were bigger. One in 06 that was 17 lbs 4 oz and one in 09 that was 16 lbs 8 oz... not sure why they didn't certify either one of them but the record has been broken... This info is on the state site if you don't believe me...

Blake

Post Thanks / Like

I remember hearing of that 17 4 oz, it was caught at Lake Conner in Halifax County. I wondered why it was not certified as the new record. There was also a 4 pound 6 oz crappie caught in 2006 from Briery Creek Lake, 19 inches long. I would have to put that one in a pond and grow him some more. Virginia's record crappie is 2 oz over the world record for black crappie and it was not recoginized as the new world record either. Not telling how many record fish are caught and ate by "bucket" fishermen. If I catch a record, I'm calling BPS and tell them to bring me a check, I've got a fish for you...............I wonder how much they paid for that 109 lb blue cat....and how much could have been had for the 143 pounder that broke that 109 record and died from over handling.............
    The Mountain Man
    "ooo I got a bite !!!."