Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jab & Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jab & Rick

We're going to give Acton one last try tomorrow before we put up the boat. We haven't fished down there since the end of September, so I'll let you know how we do. Water temp at Rush Run was 48 on Tuesday, so I expect about the same, maybe a degree or two higher at Acton.. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Thanks Roberta,Take care!"

"Thanks Roberta,Take care!"
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Results: Pffftt!

If we had had the weather that had been predicted earlier in the week, things may have gone better, but yesterday did give us a chance to take a good look at things at the lake. We had a number of light hits and Doug loaded on a bass before losing it near the boat.

We worked both sides of the channel from the marina to just south of the lodge. We marked very large numbers of fish holding at various depths in 20 feet of water. These are spots that generally yield good catches of crappie, so we're fairly certain that's what we saw on the scope. Most interesting find was that they moved the sailboat docks over to the east side of the lake while they dredge in front of the marina. All those docks are tied to trees in a cove just north of the lodge and held lots of fish. It's an area that could be worth some time.

We got tired of getting that damp wind in our faces, so we headed across the lake and also marked good, but not great, numbers of fish. Again, a few light hits, but no takers. I worked a downed tree for a while and found a pocket of bluegills who were willing to play. We talked to a couple of bass fishermen who had done pretty well on the day, but we didn't see any one who was crappie fishing take anything.

Air temp was mid-fifties; surface water temp 51 all over the lake. We didn't have minnows since Dan's in Camden is the only place around here that has them now and we didn't feel like taking the long way to the lake. Minnows may have made a difference. If you go out, watch out for the areas in front of the duck blinds. - Roberta

Post Thanks / Like

Default one more time

:rolleyes: Thanks for the info … Weather permitting we’re going to try one last time this Friday. I put my boat up yesterday (this almost guarantees a warm spell in the next week or so…). so we’ll take Rick’s. His has a 9.9 so we’ll likely go to Acton. I’ll let you know how things go!
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    - Winston Churchill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good luck!

I hope you guys do better than we did. I would definitely try to work those docks I told you about with minnows. It's supposed to warm up on Wednesday, so I'll try hitting Rush Run by myself (from shore) before that next cold front slams through. - Roberta

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi Roberta!

Did ya get over to Acton lake per your posting? Just curious etc...
    Rick.
    Formally: BoxingRef_Rick.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Too cold and windy!

Let's see, it rained, blew (25-30 mph) and only broke 40 degrees once over the weekend, so we stuck close to home watching football and eating ourselves cross-eyed. Oh, it snowed a little, too. I think we're going to put up the boat this weekend and hope for some shore fishing now and ice later on. You? - Roberta