Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Amazing at the number of lurkers on this board.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Amazing at the number of lurkers on this board.

I don't mind sharing what information I have with anyone that likes to fish.
    After all, I like to have others to fish with and don't think the fish belong to me alone.
    What I don't understand is those that will just try to glean information for their own benefit and will not contribute anything in return.
    I suppose that's become the new American Way, "all for me and screw anyone else".
    It's sad to think that even fishermen have lost the gregariousness of the past.

Post Thanks / Like

We just had a thread on this topic on the GA board the past couple of weeks. I dont think it matters where you post at on this site, there are going to be lurkers...Then there are those who only join just to advertise and try to sell a boat or something. I dont mind posting and sharing info but I just wont post "detailed" info. For any of the other members, many of which I have became friends with, I'll just send them a PM or call them and tell the the detailed info. I have spent alot of time and money learning my favotite lake(s) and there is something to be said for doing your home work!! I have developed a "network" of friends, actually 2-3 networks that we share info with, just not publicly. I'll post what lake I was fishing on and maybe a general location, general color, etc..But not down to the detail just because of those who want to take and not give back. It is sad that people want to be that way.
    I suppose that's become the new American Way, "all for me and screw anyone else".
    It's sad to think that even fishermen have lost the gregariousness of the past.

I bet they are all voted for Obama....Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TnT View Post
    I bet they are all voted for Obama....Rofl
    Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats wrong with checking out the site before joining do we just look at the cover of the book before we buy.Before I by something or join. I like to know what its about. Call it lurking or looking. A lot of people voted for him he won they wanted change you got it!!!!! I don't know about any one else but $5.oo gas and higher taxes where does it end?
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie53 View Post
    Whats wrong with checking out the site before joining do we just look at the cover of the book before we buy.Before I by something or join. I like to know what its about. Call it lurking or looking. A lot of people voted for him he won they wanted change you got it!!!!! I don't know about any one else but $5.oo gas and higher taxes where does it end?
    I think there is a difference between Looking and Lurking...Lookers are just that...Lookers...Lurkers want the info without giving back, then they sit on the place where YOU found the fish...That is the point he was trying to make...Maybe I should not have made the Obama remark and I apologize if I offended anyone...His policies and lurkers seem to go hand in hand...Just saying!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to provide information to any and all who would use it.
    I'll give up the lakes with the hot bites going on cause I don't think anyone is gonna go fish out the lake.
    I know enough to keep the exact locations that hold fish to myself but I won't bother me if some uses what I've provided to find them. I can always find more.
    Those that come to the site only to take and not even bother to post a thank you are what I consider lurkers.
    If they are just gleaning information then I feel it's rude.

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn,t vote for him and never will our country is in trouble as we as fishermen and fisherwomen can see(high gas prices). Maybe I missunderstood lurking.I like to look at other states to see what I might be able to use in my area or lake we fish.I think the site is great have had lots of help,Make my on jigs,Grubs and other baits that I would have never thought of.But as to lurking i fish with a lot of different freinds and other fishermen on our home lake make our own color to us grubs.Made some for my friend who was fishing out of the back of the boat I had given him some grubs I had just made out of the same mold he was catching fish I wasn't.That being said my point is you can take another fisherman to the same brush pile one catches fish the other don't using the same bait,line,rod,reel how can they still your spot from reading it on a computer?
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.