Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mark twain?

Post Thanks / Like

Default mark twain?

anybody tried to fish mark twain yet? i was going to try on saterday. didnt know if anybody had good reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught a few coming off the bank and pulling by trees. they were almost on the bottom in 8 to 10 feet of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I are going friday, unless something changes. Will let you know friday evening.If your going to 107, the south bridge on 107 is closed till the end of the month and then the north bridge will be closed for a month, which means you will have to come off 24 to get to the 107 ramp. Here's a map

http://www.mvs.usace.army.mil/marktw...verall_Map.pdf
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy and I went yesterday (3/14) and fished Sandy Creek. We kept 9 that were 10-12 inches and threw back about a dozen shorts. It was cloudy and windy most of the day and the ride back to Rober Allen was a rough one. Caught fish over brush piles and around shad schools, they were not holding on the trees very much. Used Blk/chart jigs w/ a crappie nibble. The water temp at 3:30 was 42 degrees at Robert Allen and 50 degrees in Sandy Creek. You should be able to catch some this weekend if this weathe holds up but it will be starting to get crowded. Good luck and let us know how you do.
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

Mongo,

Where ya dumpin in? I'm thinking dad and I are going to head over for the day, check on the cabin, and get some time on the water.

U

Post Thanks / Like

U and Mongo, good luck!!!
    N2, at least it was a nice day to get out there. when the south wind is blowing like yeterday, I stay away from the main lake between R.A. and sandy creek. the lake can get mean right there. I have learned the hard way, Lol!
    it won't be long now and twain should start to light up, I hope. good friday is always my first excursion to twain. can't friggin wait!

Post Thanks / Like

South Point
    I hate crossing the lake when the wind is up but with the 107 bridges closed it's a long way to drive to get to the Sandy Creek ramp. While we were out yesterday the corps put in one of the courtescy (sp) ramps at RA. Hope to see you on the lake soon.
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

Probably Robert Allen, I prefer 107 but not going to drive the distance. Been checking the weather ( was suppose to rain ) not now and the wind will be about 13 mph, that's not to bad. If all goes as plan about 8:00 am
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

looks like i will be out there saterday morning. hope i hear some good reports by then.

Post Thanks / Like

good luck, everybody! I heard dry fork was doing good on the laydowns near the bank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast