Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: battery chargers

Post Thanks / Like

Default battery chargers

hi, battery charger is dead... what kind of chargers do you guys use?? i use the chargers for other things so i don't want onboard chargers.. plus my molding on the bass tracker is comming off in places how can i fix it..(black rubber that goes around top of boat that bumps against the dock)

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I did use 2 cheap portable battery charger/maintainers I bought from Wally World. They worked just fine, kind of a pain in the butt unhooking them to go fishing though. Then I bought a nice Guest 2 bank on board charger off e-bay and put the cheap chargers on my 4-wheeler and lawn mower.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys...
    I used to charge with the cheaper chargers until I bought a used camper with a broken battery charger. Sinse I would be powering with a generator, I bought a marine type, 2 bank 15 amp charger by Dytek and let me tell you that was good money well spent. I am getting more life out of my batteries. I now have a Guest 3 bank, 15 amp per bank in my boat and love it. Because of the high gas prices, I am looking into a good solar charger to top off the charge.
    marvin

bella is offline Moderator TX Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

try a product called stay n charge . . I'll try to get their web site for you.

BIG LEO

bella is offline Moderator TX Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Look at www.batterytender.com. Very good products.
    He among you who is without sin...cast the first stone.

Post Thanks / Like

Use a screen installing wheel to put the molding back in. If you use a knife or screwdriver it will start a tear in it.

Install an automatic charger. I leave my boat plugged in year round.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to wrestle with the old style chargers. Installed a 3 bank Minnkota 2 weeks ago. Won't go back to the old style. Just plug in to the console and go to the house and clean the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely the only way to go is with an onboard charger. Lots of different brands available. I now have a Guest 2 bank charger on my boat and it works great. Much more handy to use than portable chargers and with the automatic maintainence mode it is supposed to prolong battery life and keep the battery "topped off" between fishing trips. I leave my boat plugged in all the time except when I'm fishing. That way I'm always ready to go if an "emergency" fishing trip needs to take place.

Definitely worth the money.

Post Thanks / Like

On Board Charger!!Once you have one, you will never go back to the hassle of a traditional charger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast