Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Line Cutter/eye Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Question Line Cutter/eye Cleaner

Does anyone know where I can buy a line cutter that clips on the bill of your hat? I bought several a few years back from an old boy at Logan Martin. I heard that he has since died. It's a small clip like thing made out of stainless steel with a razor blade in it. It clips on to your hat when you are not using it. Works great. Lost my last one. Thanks

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Never Heard Of One---but It Sounds Like A Good Ideal
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Default well

this isnt quite the same thing but its like $1 at wally world

looks like a fingernail clipper with a spike on the end of it for cleaning the jig eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Redeye, I have seen this product in Northern Canada around Pickle Lake area... I will be on my Walleye trip up there in Aug and I will pick up a few.. On my return I will PM you and see if they are the same if so I will send you a couple.... Have a great year!!!
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

In the mean time Cabelas as a nice little cutter eye cleaner combo that will clip to your belt, vest, shirt. Just a thought.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

If you cannot find your preferred item, might try this. I use a combination bodkin and bobbin threader from BPS to clean the eye then the threader to help pull line through the eye. I fish with two jigs and can quickly tie a double overhand loop in the line, which is usually too large to push through the eye but can be pulled through quite easily then looped over the jig head and quickly tied again to prevent coming off. [Oh, a bodkin is a long needle used to pick and fluff materials when making fishing flies]. I use pliers for cutting line and fastening sinkers, and removing nasty fish from hook.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You are correct about purchasing that item from a fellow at Logan Martin a few years ago. You are also correct about the fact that the man has since passed away. His son has taken over his business but is no longer producing that item. Hope you find something that will work for you.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I've got a similar item ......

but, it doesn't have any "clip" on it (or razor blade). Carry it in the tackle box ....... but, still usually "bite" the line, to cut it -- and use the hook of another jig (usually one lying on boat deck) to punch out any paint covering the line eye. (old habits are hard to break )
    Purchased this "line cutter/eye cleaner" at local "Mart", for around a dollar or so. I guess, if I wanted to have it clipped to my hat, I could solder some type of clip to it (or Superglue it). But, since I mostly use unpainted jigheads, that hasn't been a concern. :D
    I don't like to use my pocket knife, to clean paint out of the line eyes of overpainted jigs ..... don't want scratches on the line eye, that may possibly cut/nick my line/knot Haven't had that problem when using the hookpoint of a jig or regular hook. Come to think of it ..... I don't believe I've "ever" even used the cutter/cleaner device :D (but, it's "there" - just in case) .......... luck2ya ..... cp