Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chumming at night?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chumming at night?

Anyone ever chum at night? I spider rig by day, plan on still fishing under lights at night soon. I have had really good luck chumming in saltwater and for catfish. Why wouldn't a little menhaden oil in a pvc dispenser draw minnows? I read the Rango article, but he doesn't mention it. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by volfan
    Anyone ever chum at night? I spider rig by day, plan on still fishing under lights at night soon. I have had really good luck chumming in saltwater and for catfish. Why wouldn't a little menhaden oil in a pvc dispenser draw minnows? I read the Rango article, but he doesn't mention it. Just a thought.
    What the heck is MENHADEN OIL? Where do you get it and whats it for?

Post Thanks / Like

volfan,
    I have used chum at night and it helps bring in the bait fish, but also the kitties. However the bait fish will come to the lights without chum too.

gooch,
    Menhaden is a type of shad, but lives in salt water I think and is called Bunker oil by this company.

You can get most any attractant/oil (even freshwater shad oil) from this company....
    http://www.alltackle.com/attractants.htm
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 05-08-2006 at 04:15 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by volfan
    No reason to chum at night if you plan on still fishing with a light over the side of the boat. You will be amazed at how many minnows come to the light, more than you could ever care to count.