Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chester River Suprise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chester River Suprise

Went down to Millington this morning trying to find some yellow perch.It was dead low tide when we got there.Took a ride up behind the cemetary in the rowboat but only found smaller yellow perch.Took a ride down to Crumpton and talked to a few guys on the way who were catching white perch,mostly on grass shrimp.Apparently the big yellow perch are gone already.On the way back tried our luck just above the RT 301 bridge and got into a nice school of crappies.Probably got over 25 nice size ones and a nice bass to boot.Everything was caught on crappie magnets tipped with minnows.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Not a bad suprise at all, thanks for the report. I fished from shore for a bit yesterday and only landed one fish, a yellow perch, about 11". It spit up a watermelon bobby garland I was using bloody mary haha. When you fish from the boat do you fish under a bobber?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Snagalot,I usually do fish under a bobber.I'd like to kick that habit as well as using minnows.When something works though it's tough to try something different.This time of year I can get unlimited minnows from a creek right out my back door which also keeps me addicted.Gonna try using a roadrunner jig,beetle spin and some other lures this year more.If anyone has a suggestion for a good all around lure let me know.One I also use a lot is a #2 Mepps Algia spinner for where I fish it's been a good all around (bass,perch,crappie even catfish) catching lure.

Post Thanks / Like

When it some to freshwater I use artificials for everything except when i get a jonesing for carp (have caught them on arties too). I do not have a lot of luck on roadrunners but I probably need to fish them a little harder. My two go too lures are 2" white twisters (they catch anything that swims) and 2" chart w/red glitter. I have a lot of different grubs, shads, and worms and some days I have to find the right combo of color and profile but those are usually my starting places. My method of crappie fishing does not change whether I am on land or a kayak. I use a modified casting bobber (I add weight to the bottom for farther casts) and a jig anywhere from 2ft-7ft under it. I only attach my line to the top of the bobber to I can give my jig more action on the retrieve. Every once in a while I do not use a bobber and just use a jig or I will tie a tandem jig rig. As I look around the different forums on this board I feel like I have a lot to learn about crappie fishing. I may have to look into a slip bobber to possibly trolling or spider rigging my kayak. If you would ever like to meet somwhere and wet a line together let me know I am always eager to learn new things and try differen spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Snagalot...you and fish the exact same way

Post Thanks / Like

Tony-
    I learned from the best TH.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL...same here, TH is the man...I remember when I first moved to Delaware, I use to visit multpile forums and see his posts and say to myself, "I need to meet this guy because he can't be catching fish like that and no one else is catching." Well you already know, he's even better than what he post in forums. I remember times when we would be fishing the exact same lure at the exact same depth, only inches apart and he would kick my butt 10 fish to my 1...LOL...Thinking about it I need to try and make some time to hook up with him again, I haven't fished with him in some time, hell I really haven't did any fishing in a while by myself other than the couple of times this year so far.