Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Nicasio crappie fishing...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Nicasio crappie fishing...

the worst fisherman will catch his limit of crappies here at lake nicasio. stocked with tons of crappies. due to over fishing of these fishes, and cold water, they dont get to grow very big. but we did manage to catch a few that were 3 lbs. that pretty damn big for crappies..

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing101, Thank for the info. I'm lot familiar with the northern lake... where is Lake Nicasio located.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrwest
    Fishing101, Thank for the info. I'm lot familiar with the northern lake... where is Lake Nicasio located.
    Lake nicasio is in Marin County near a small town called Fairfax. This city was featured in a horror movie called, "Villige of the Damned" starring Christopher Reeve aka Super Man. It is just off of Lucas Valley Rd.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught another limit of crappies again here. Not great in sizes but they are fun to fish for. Going back today..

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck...

Gonefission
    Bill

huntincrappies Guest

Default Where?

I don't mean to intrude on your "secret spot" but where on that lake would one go to limit out of crappie. was down there last mon. but didn't know where to begin. also what color jigs do they like there.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Look for the cars and chartreuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lee s.
    Look for the cars and chartreuse.

LOLz.. this is so true and funny. Yes look for the cars and the chartreuse (greenish) jigs with 1-2 foot of liter line on a bopper. i went yesterday and got my limit again. lost a few carps due to line breakage. Now for the spot i fish at. i fish off the rocks near the front (furthest from the dam) and the rocks near the stop sign which is almost the middle of the lake. later in the year, you'll find them all over and near the dam would be he best spot to fish for them. anyone into catfishing, bring chicken liver and you'll find action all over the lake.

Note: Where you find carps, you'll find crappies most likely.