Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Delta

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mobile Delta

Anyone fish the mobile delta in here? First time post, I have been fishing these waters for about 30 years so I know them pretty well. Recently the bite has really picked up well running a cork with jig. The bite in Mcreynolds and Mifflin Lake have picked up. Me and my old man picked up over 50 in Mifflin this past Saturday. These lakes have always produced as well as some creeks on the Mobile side wondering if anyone here has some info. Well post pics soon. Going again today

Last edited by deltaslabs; 03-13-2012 at 05:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish the delta, but haven't been lately. Going this morning myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Default beatle

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlespin View Post
    I fish the delta, but haven't been lately. Going this morning myself.

Give me a report when you get in

I plan on getting back out Friday to beat the weekend crowd. I'm going to have to get my son to show me how to post these pics.banghead

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have a lot to report. Went to Briar and caught a lot of fish but most were small. Water temp was 72, couldn't believe it. A friend went to Smith creek and did manage to get about 15 nice ones, but he also said bite was slow until he found one paticular spot (he didn't mention where it was and I knew it was a waste of time to ask). Wish the water would go back down so I can go north. Everything is muddy and flooded up there. May go again Thurs. or Fri. and I know I'll be going Sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update!! Keep posting looks like we are the only Delta Rats on the board. Yea those water temps have skyrockted especially in the back of these creeks and lakes. There is some clearer water in the back of these creeks focus on this. I don't know if I have ever seen Briar bad muddy in the back. Going Friday I will post a report.

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to see that there are a few of us that crappie fish in the delta. I was going last Saturday until I was told that the delta was muddy and high. So I went speck fishing and the only good thing about that was, I was on the water and enjoying the day. Could not buy a bite. I am planning to try again this weekend. If anyone is up in the Delta today or tomorrow will you please let me know of the water conditions. My plans are to fish Milfin if it is not to muddy.

HAVE A GOOD DAY AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mifflin is in good shape go to the back! Water temps are a rising . I'm going Friday stay tuned!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deltaslabs View Post
    Mifflin is in good shape go to the back! Water temps are a rising . I'm going Friday stay tuned!
    So how did the trip to Mifflin go? any other delta fishing reports? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Caught 15 nice slabs yesterday and was back home by 1:00. Caught them on a jig and cork in about 2-3 ft. of water and they were black as smut. Also took along a few crickets and caught a dozen bull bream, they were in a little deeper water than the crappie and scattered. (location) I was north of the I-10 bridge. Water temp was 67 where I was and it's still a little high, but it should be about normal by Friday and I think things are going to get real good. You may have to get down low in the boat to tie a gig or minnow on to keep them from taking it from you by next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you got em' located "Spin", Glad to hear the bull bream are starting to bite too! I agree that we are about two weeks from some really good fishing, water is still a little muddy too! I went to the tackle store yesterday and loaded up on jigs rigs, in case they jump in the boat and rob me...!!! Planning on going this weekend somewhere north of 1-10......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast