Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trip of a life time

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trip of a life time

Mike Orgas 3/12/2012 - YouTube

I just got back from what I'd consider the crappie trip of a life time. Long drive from Omaha, but I caught 4 fish on the trip that were over 15 inches. One of which was 16 inches. The guy I fished with was Woody Wood's Guide Service out of Ranier, Minnesota

The lake we fished was Rainy Lake. I grew up fishing Minnesota and Ontario. Rainy straddles the canadian border so it's the best of both worlds. I found Rainy a few years ago walleye fishing. Not just big numbers, but HUGE walleyes. You can catch 30" fish there on a regular basis. The gift from the fishing gods is the crappie fishing. It's short of fantastic. BIG crappies. Lots of fun catching them.

I'm the guy in the video catching the fish.

Check out his web site if you have time. Pretty amazing fishing.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you was having a time of your life.Thumbs Up Congrats on those hugh fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Was a great time. If you like crappie fishing it's a great place. You never know what's going to come out of the hole too. Northerns, walleyes, white fish, perch...... the lake is pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video, looks like a lot of fun. It’s good to see someone is still ice fishing and catching fish for that matter.
    Enjoyed the report.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

First welcome to CDC from Ne. I am just South of you in Papillion. Have you tried the Spring time fishing up there. Rent a house boat and fish the spawn on Rainy. That is what they are known for. Great video and glad to have you onboard. I can't Ice Fish anymore but I loved to see those big ole Crappie coming thru the hole. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the video, good job!!! I can't wait to ice some slabs this Winter!!!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653