Me and my dad head out for the first time this year. Boat Crank right up, so it started good. We got out on the water around 2:00 PM. Making small talk, while heading out with a passer by. He mentions that he caught a couple, but " BIG THOUGH" and their still, "DEEP." We spen most of the time on the Hot Hole cove. Caught a couple Bass, non were keepers. Than, we headed across the lake, to take a run around the island. Caught more Bass, still no keeper. The sun was about down in about an hour so we headed back towards the loading dock, so we wouldn't be stuck in the dark making our way back. Anyways, we manage to spot some bait on our fishfinder in about 35 to 40 ft deep water near dock. As soon as i had a hit i knew they were there. We continued to fish until dark. Got 8 keepers 6 oer n two slightly under 10''. Was a nice first day, considering we did not do so good last year. Still new in the Crappie fishing/boat fishing. That trip seems to be a promising year ahead. We caught it all on meanows.