Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 180sx us reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default 180sx us reel

See rogers has these reels marked down from $120 to $40... anyone have one of these?
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER View Post
    See rogers has these reels marked down from $120 to $40... anyone have one of these?
    I've been through two of them in the last two years and don't like them. I bought one and really liked it the first couple of trips out, but then started having issues with it. I bought another one, thinking it was just an unlucky reel and the second one did the same thing. The retrieve got rough & loud after a few trips, had a couple of screws that kept coming loose, etc.

I've heard others that love them, but I had nothing but issues with them. They can cast a mile though!

One other thing .. I always see the $120 retail price, but have never once seem them actually sold for that. They're always marked down to $40. They're certainly not a $120 reel .. and really not even a $40 reel (in my opinion).
    Last edited by billd2626; 03-12-2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: added one last thing

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, bought one from Rogers on their close-out and love the reel. Very smooth, great drag. In my opinion, worth the money.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple and really like them

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 of them and like them fine. I agree they never sell for full retail. I get mine from everharts and they are usually 50.00 there. I love the fat spool for long casts and no tight loops in your line.

Post Thanks / Like

would that be the discontinued model,, I have heard some good things on the us reels

Post Thanks / Like

I have six of them, the only problem I have had the bail does not want to close sometimes but I probably need to tear them down and lubricate them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 of the 180sx and fish them pretty hard for a working man and love them. Great drag and very smooth for slowly crawling a bait verticle fishing. They cast well also. Always close bail by hand and make sure your line is in the pick up. I have a couple that have been on close to 200 trips and the only thing that I have ever had to do was on one of them the anti reverse stopped working when it got below 25 degrees. I called the company and they said to send it back and they would fix it or that I could just put a drop of oil on the bearings and it would help thin the grease a little and fix the problem. I did and it did.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 or 4 of these and 2 of them the finish has come off of the spool. It was like the line and spool got hot in the sun and it destroyed the spool. I do really like the large arbor though.

Post Thanks / Like

Found this thread about them also .. http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...eel-180sx.html