Finally got to get on the water with a new friend to fish. My new Lew's Slab Shaker rods got put to the test! The water temp. already 57.4 and the water where we were was yahoo colored. Started out in deeper water never really found concentration of bait till we moved back into a small feeder creek...had to go lighter with the jig head 1/32 and 1/24 was the ticket fish in 7.2 feet of water depth...over 60 fish but only 5 were in the slab catagory...many double hook ups and one time my partner had 5 on a one time...he had two double jig rigs and two fish on one set up and three other rods jumping I watched as he brought them all in....had another friend on the north end of our home lake with 90 fish and 50 of them in slab catagory...so I'm off this week will go north wed if weather holds and see if I can improve on size...long trolling at .82-.92 mph to catch ours...most fish caught looked full of eggs...I'm really enjoying this....I wonder if the larger fish have already moved shallow or they are still out in deeper water and will move in any day now? Blk and silver, popcicle, acid rain. and blue,blue,blue colors were the winners...Later Liftbite P.S. last year got turned on to this way of fishing just got boat and rods set up correctly to crappie fish!