Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: favorite fillet knife/ or electric knife?

Post Thanks / Like

Default favorite fillet knife/ or electric knife?

i have always used a traditional fillet knife. the knifes are not that great and dull quick making you have to resharpen often or making filleting a chore. so whats your favorite knife? or electric knife? i have never used electric before? is it alot nicer or easier with electric?? im sure they dont need replaced that often.. but are they easy to control on smaller fish like crappie, perch and gills?

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy.....here we go! I'll start it off. American Angler electric fillet knife. Who's next?
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Wonna them 8 dollar black and decker electric carving from rural king works just as good, then cut out rib cages with 4 inch fillet knife
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a 7" Rapala manual fillet knife, flexible and holds an edge well enough to get through a limit (25) of crappie. I usually give it a quick touch up on a steel before I start a batch of fish. Takes less than a minute to fillet a fish and I don't end up with guts and eggs all over my cutting board like I do when I tried an electric.

Post Thanks / Like

Rapala

Post Thanks / Like

I use the electric Rapala with the cord. Works good for me. I know a couple of other guys I fish with that use them and like them.

Post Thanks / Like

American angler
    RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT!

"Life is like a coin, you can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once"

Post Thanks / Like

I used to be a big American Angler fan but the last one I bought will probably be the last one I'll ever buy. Looks to be much cheaper made than the ones I used to get. The one before it only lasted a couple of months and when I took it apart I saw where the screws had worked out of it.

I saw where someone recommended buying one of the old ones from the 1960's. (I think it was called an EK1) My buddy used to have an old one and used it for over 20 years. I looked it up on ebay and bought one. Liked it so much, I bought another one for a back up. Cost 1/2 what the A.A. ones cost. Very satifised, bigger motor, stiffer blade. They really don't make them like they used too. Have bought several A.A. over the years. THAT'S THE PROBLEM!

I do use a small rapala knife to cut around the ribs.

Have also splurged and bought a real good German steel fillet knife from Williams Sonova (or whatever the name is) that is high quality and should last a long, long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Rapala-6" &11" As far as electric -Mr Twister for me. Have had it for years, never any problems. Cleaned lot's of fish.

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

No electris knives for me.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast