Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need advise on lline for leaders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need advise on lline for leaders

I like to tie my Capps & Coleman and other leaders ahead of time. The last time out I had a little more problem with my leaders getting tangled. I was using fluorocarbon line. I think a little less limp line might help. I was wondering what type, brand, and test line you usually use for your leaders. I usually use braid line on my reels so I'm not concerned with casting properties.
    Thanks dad for teaching me to love crappie fishing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leader Holder

Have you tried to use one of these? I use this simple device to hold all my pre-tied drop shot rigs, for smallmouth fishing. Works great!

Name:  TackleTamer_1.jpg
Views: 3856
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  TackleTamer_2.jpg
Views: 3258
Size:  70.5 KB
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Have you tried to use one of these? I use this simple device to hold all my pre-tied drop shot rigs, for smallmouth fishing. Works great!

Name:  TackleTamer_1.jpg
Views: 3856
Size:  69.9 KB

Name:  TackleTamer_2.jpg
Views: 3258
Size:  70.5 KB
    I've been searching for leader holders like these for quite some time now. Anyone have the source for these, or the name of the manufacturer? Much appreciated! Google brought the images up, but didn't offer any additional information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mitrisin View Post
    I like to tie my Capps & Coleman and other leaders ahead of time. The last time out I had a little more problem with my leaders getting tangled. I was using fluorocarbon line. I think a little less limp line might help. I was wondering what type, brand, and test line you usually use for your leaders. I usually use braid line on my reels so I'm not concerned with casting properties.
    I use Pline mono 10#. Are they tangling while fishing or stored? I store my pre ties on little plastic snell holders from TJ's tackle. They are cheap and efficient. If you are having problems while fishing...try shortening your hook leaders. I found that if my bottom hook is more than 8 inches below the weight, it will tangle. Same goes for the top hook.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missedafish View Post
    I've been searching for leader holders like these for quite some time now. Anyone have the source for these, or the name of the manufacturer? Much appreciated! Google brought the images up, but didn't offer any additional information.
    This thread is from 2yrs ago ... and the item is a "Tackle Tamer". And according to my research, "Tackle Tamer" merged with Northland Fishing Tackle a few months after this thread was posted. They still offer such a product -- Northland Fishing Tackle: TEAM NORTHLAND&reg TACKLE TAMER™

What many have done, though, is to buy the large diameter (3in) "pool noodle" ... cut it to size needed ... and wrap their leaders around it. A member friend of mine cuts a slit down one side of the noodle section, to the center hole, then uses zip ties on each end. He can pre-rig sinker/jig leaders, then push the sinker into the slit and wrap the leader around the noodle and then hook the jig into the noodle. If you just wanted to wrap a hook or jig on a leader line, you wouldn't need the slit & zip ties, but you may want to cut small slits into the noodle to place your loop knot or clip/swivel end of the leader (to initially hold it) then wrap the leader around until you could bury the hook into the noodle.

... cp
    Likes missedafish LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

And......Lindy which is a major sponsor of C.C.......has a very nice product for this called the Lindy Rigger......check out their website
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep