Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stereo stopped working

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stereo stopped working

I have a triton sf21 the Stereo was working fine until I got caught in a storm 2 weeks ago when I got home the speakers were crackling so I unhooked the battery and let the boat sit for 2 days hooked it back up and it worked fine. Got out Friday and the stereo would not power up. I bought a new stereo today and hooked it up and it still won't power up. I checked the fuses and the ground and power wire everything seems to be good. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Triton, I would take a step back, hook the radio power and switched power straight to the positive on the battery, and then the negative straight to the battery and eliminate everything else. Sounds like either you got a bad new radio(which is possible) or the acc switched 12 volt does not have 12 volts. Hope this helps you out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks that was going to be my next step. Thank you for the suggestion. Hopefully that is all it is

Post Thanks / Like

Got back in the boat tonight and wired it direct and still had no power. Did some more searching and found an inline fuse that was popped. All that work for a 99 cent fuse. Atleast now I have a marine stereo and I know what to look for next time.