Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boat trailer wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Question Boat trailer wheels

Ok the question is has anyone ever had their trailer wheels balanced? Looks to me that would make your trailer ride better. And that would be better on your trailer-boat-and everything that is in it?
    LIFE IS TO SHORT TO FISH WITH A DEAD MINNER AND I WISH I WAS SOMEWHERE HOOKING LIP.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a must for anyone towing a boat over 90 mph.

Post Thanks / Like

I just had new tires put on my trailer and after seeing what my old ones looked like I will never not get them balanced ever again. They cupped so bad on the sides the trailer must have been bouncing 4 inches off the ground. You wouldn't put tires on your car or truck without balancing them so why spend $70+ on each trailer tire to have them wear out faster than your car tires?! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Post Thanks / Like

oh, and by the way Keeper, make sure I'm off the road when you are towing at 90mph. I've seen what can happen first hand to a nice boat and Dodge Durango when the trailer has a blowout.

Post Thanks / Like

Never had mine balanced but never bought new tires from a dealer. The boat trailers that I own now with factory tires and rims do not have wheel weights, So I don't think they have been balanced. If I was to buy new ones, they would get balanced.
    marvin

Post Thanks / Like

You probally wont feel any vibration on boat tires like you would on your car tire but an out of balance tire will cause tire wear issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Just put new ones on mine last week. And they were balanced. Always do that. As a good tire shop will not even think of putting on new ones without it.
    Pete

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy mine from a trailer supply place (Portsmouth Trailer) and they balance them while you watch if you want to.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

i put dyna beads in all my trailer tires,it's a one time deal and works great