Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Who is finding mushrooms?

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who is finding mushrooms?

Just had a posting on mushroom forum that one grey was found friday, in northern Green County. Aweful early for the rooms to be poping up, but nothing surprises me in this warm weather. Please post if anybody in Indiana is finding any. Of course,,it would help if you would also post where your finding them at too! Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  1st one.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  44.3 KB

It happened....in a surrounding county.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice pic!

Post Thanks / Like

Let me see...Washington County, right?...lol I can't believe how things popped out this week. These warm nights have everything waking up.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hog Daddy View Post
    Let me see...Washington County, right?...lol I can't believe how things popped out this week. These warm nights have everything waking up.

HHD
    Other side.....an after work venture.

Post Thanks / Like

I went mushroom hunting this morning, and here where I live, woods is too hot and dry. And its early yet in the big woods. Where I find them we need rain and for that past few days, the rain has went all around us, with little to no rain in Martin Co. 2 yrs ago we didn't find many here, and last year with all the rain and 60-70 degree weather we found them by the bucket full. I have a bad feeling about 80 degree days this early. And it has the turkeys screwed up. Seen one breeding on Feb 28th,,that is the earliest I ever found them breeding in southern Indiana, however, just had 6 large toms with nice beards, all at least 25plus pound birds together, just 50 yrds from the house at 11 am heading to bug in the fields just off my 40 acres of woods,,so they haven't busted up totally yet, and yet at late evening you can hear them calling to roost. So its messy as well on them. Fishing will get jumbled too, when we hit a major cool down as this heat can't last thru March and if it does, it will fubar the fishing spawn to some extend as length of days are generally figured in spawn somewhere with the heat of the water. I just don't like all this 80 degree heat this early as it will lead to nothing totally good out of all of it. Just my 2 cents but we will see.