HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most accurate digital handheld fish scale?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Most accurate digital handheld fish scale?

Like the topic says I would like to find the most accurate one that measures in 10ths. Have started fishing some tournaments so every 10th is important. Want a good one not like the ones at walmart. Have gotten a rapala that is 6ish oz off about every time. Bought a Berkly that doesn't measure 10 ths. Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good question. I've been wanting to get one. If its not accurate its worthless.
    Also if it doesn't lasts it doesn't help. I was in BP and saw some good ones going for $50 and up. Since I knew nothing about them
    I passed them by.

For the money these are worth a look.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...cale&_osacat=0

Post Thanks / Like

I think fish scales are like my hunt for the accurate oven thermometer; it doesn't matter how much you spend, they're a crapshoot even within the same model. I'm going to buy this one Amazon.com: 40KG Portable Digital Hangging Luggage Fishing Scale: Sports & Outdoors because it's got pretty good reviews and is only $7.49.
    "I care not for a man's religion unless his dog and cat are the better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Heres one I found searching. 32.00 for scale and 35.00 ish for culling system. Anyone use this. In first post I meant 100ths instead of10ths

http://accucull.com/

Post Thanks / Like

balance or culling beam
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bdorman View Post
    I think fish scales are like my hunt for the accurate oven thermometer; it doesn't matter how much you spend, they're a crapshoot even within the same model. I'm going to buy this one Amazon.com: 40KG Portable Digital Hangging Luggage Fishing Scale: Sports & Outdoors because it's got pretty good reviews and is only $7.49.
    Well I was looking for one also and for the price I thought I would try this one so I ordered it. Anyone know what size battery it takes? I forgot to check and I am taking the reviews at their word that you can switch from metric to english units.
    SeaRay
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

I use only a balance beam
    Wishin I was Fishin
    Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Kyle Schoenherr is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

A balance beam is a must have while culling fish but if you're trying to see how fish are weighing compared to different areas of the lake, you'll need to find a scale with a max weight of less than 15 lbs. A 50lb scale will rarely be accurate to the ounce below 3lbs. I've got an old Rapala that is rated for 10lbs that's pretty accurate but could still be better. They're kind of hard to find!

www.AllSeasonsCrappieFishing.com - 2x National Champion
    B'n'M Pro Staff - Road Runner Pro Staff - Lowrance Pro Staff - Tru Turn Pro Staff
    Harvest Clean Pro Staff - Midsouth Pro Staff - Titelok Pro Staff - Engels Pro Staff
    CrappieNow - Rend Lake Resort - Kinkaid Sportsman Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

bump

Post Thanks / Like

i would like info also. i have the rapala [?] scale and the battery is dead every time i want to use it. thread is almost a year old but still would like to know
    kost plus crappie team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast