Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corps Lake Rules

Post Thanks / Like

Default Corps Lake Rules

I had to apply for a "Special Event Permit" from the Grenada Corps office and some of the rules are as follows:

"t. The tournament staging area and the primary/secondary weigh-in stations must be located on government property within a recreation area that possesses a boat ramp."

"u. Tournament participants, during designated tournament hours, will only have in possession at all times the maximum number or fish the tournament allows for weigh-in,,,,,"

"v. All live fish will be returned back into project waters....................Dead fish will not be returned to project waters and the permittee and/or tournament organizers will have the right to determine how the expired fish will be dispersed,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

I will be talking with my contact at the Grenada office Monday to get more clarification on rule "u".
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

wow--

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly, the manager at each lake sets the rules for each lake. So it may be different at the next Corp lake we go to. Major, if this isn't accurate correct me.
    What is disappointing is the idea of catching a three pounder, wanting to mount it, but having to put it back. I guess the best you can due is hope it is one of the fish that die before you get to the scale.
    Regardless, I feel we need to happily comply with the rules to set a good example for others. There are plenty out there that think we are damaging the fisheries by holding tournaments. The corps are going to listen to them as much as they listen to us. I believe fishing is a right, but holding a tournament is a privilege. We need to generate all the goodwill we can by being compliant.

Post Thanks / Like

That second rule could get a lot of fellers in trouble if not watched closely. Seeing as I rarely catch seven fish, shouldn't have to be too concerned with accidentally going over.

Post Thanks / Like

The permit they sent to me is for all Corps lakes; however, the lake manager may interpret them differently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by majflyboy View Post
    The permit they sent to me is for all Corps lakes; however, the lake manager may interpret them differently.
    How I came up with that theory was from the controversy at Arkabutla last year. I believe we were told we had to donate the dead fish at that tournament.
    I remember there were some pretty strong feelings there. I'm not trying to stir up a conflict; just want to be sure everyone understands the rules and abides by them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    How I came up with that theory was from the controversy at Arkabutla last year. I believe we were told we had to donate the dead fish at that tournament.
    I remember there were some pretty strong feelings there. I'm not trying to stir up a conflict; just want to be sure everyone understands the rules and abides by them.
    That's my point in this post. I will call them Monday for clarification.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by majflyboy View Post
    That's my point in this post. I will call them Monday for clarification.
    You might explain to them that this is a friendly fruitjar not a big advertised and sponsored tournament. That might make a difference.....I don't really know but it won't hurt to tell them that .
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

If you catch a huge one theyll let you keep it. They have at all the previous tourneys. Bo n Brad kept all 7 of theirs from grenada year before last. They had over 19 lbs so they kept them
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what Atm is saying but at the same time I think we should be able to keep a limit of fish just like anyone else....just saying...

Driftmaster's Pro Staff

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast