Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What price would your family pay?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What price would your family pay?

inflatable pfd - Google Search

You may only need it once.

Rather have it and not need it, than need it amd not have it.
    Wear your PFD!!!!!

This is the day the Lord hath made, rejoice and be glad in it.
    Psalm 118:24

Post Thanks / Like

Since you put family in there.....I believe you have to be 16 for one of those you posted a link to, I believe there is also a weight requirement too.

Of course everyone wants to buy quality but cost does enter the equation even if we do not want to admit it. I wore one of the inflatable types when I bass fished for years but have since went back to the a quality foam PFD...it never fails. Teaching kids to swim at an early age for me is huge, I am shocked at the number of kids now days that can not swim.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are great but get some people in trouble. They are only LEGAL if they are ON. Some people think they can buy some and throw them in the boat and be legal. If you do not have a standard PFD (I, II, III, IV, V) in combination with your inflatable, then your inflatable vest must be worn at anytime you are on the water. They are only affective if worn. That's just an FYI to keep you from getting in trouble with Mr. Green Pants. (this is the law in KY)

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it is the same in FLA. I wear mine when on the water. Not to would be like trying to defend yourself with an unloaded gun. I posted a link to inflatables becase it is worn all the time. They are not cumbersome or uncomfortable. Even if unconsious it could save your life young or old.
    Wear your PFD!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i rather have a regular style life jacket that i know will hold me up and my family. dont want no light weight (hope it inflates) life jacket.

Post Thanks / Like

Wear what you want my friend. I don't care what it is. Doesn't profit me either way. Don't shoot the messenger. I was talking about what price would your family have paid for a PFD after you are dead.
    You make me wish I hadn't started this thread.

http://www.google.com/search?q=perso...I7ADRA_enUS462
    Last edited by Yelim; 03-12-2012 at 05:40 AM.
    Wear your PFD!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of the Mustang MD3183 Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT, and have it on everytime I am in the boat. Never know that it is on. Love Mine....

keith

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yelim View Post
    Wear what you want my friend. I don't care what it is. Doesn't profit me either way. Don't shoot the messenger. I was talking about what price would your family have paid for a PFD after you are dead.
    You make me wish I hadn't started this thread.

personal floatation device - Google Search
    They are great to wear, but I do prefer the normal life jackets, in the event I am unconscious. I like the design of a normal life jacket that it slightly bigger on one side, so that it should roll me over to ensure my face is out of the water.

Post Thanks / Like

The one I have is a Stearns. I think it also is designed to float you face up with head above water. It is worn in front with a collar around the back of your neck that inflates when triggered.
    Wear your PFD!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

in NY, kids under 12 MUST wear a PFD whenever the boat is moving. During cold months (Nov 1 - May 1) it is mandatory for everyone on a boat less than 21' to wear a PFD at all times.

During warm weather, I keep a bag of the good old orange life jackets out on deck where they are in quick reach for emergencies. When the water is rough, we break out the "vests" that I keep in the compartment in the bow and everybody wears them. I'd love an inflatable, but they're still too pricey, so for now, I keep a mess of Type II's on board, wearing them and making passengers wear them as conditions or state laws dictate.