Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Arkie Shad Bait 2" better than Bobby Garland?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arkie Shad Bait 2" better than Bobby Garland?

I found some Arkie 2" shad baits at wal-mart in I believe the ice shad color? Its kind of a Clear with Silver specks in it. I had really good luck with them under a float and was curious if anyone preferred them over the Bobby Garlands? I saw some BG's (never used them) at Dick's Sporting Goods in a color something milk (money milk?) dunno but anyways they looked like they might be pretty good. What color BG's do you guys use and have you had any experience with the Arkie baits?

Thanks,

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a few packs of those Arkie baits at wal mary in the color your talking about. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet. They also had the same cue with a chartreuse tail. I got a pack of those too.

Post Thanks / Like

They look like they will catch fish, and I like the color schemes. But at almost 2 buck for a pack of 8, I'll stick with the baby shad.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    I found some Arkie 2" shad baits at wal-mart in I believe the ice shad color? Its kind of a Clear with Silver specks in it. I had really good luck with them under a float and was curious if anyone preferred them over the Bobby Garlands? I saw some BG's (never used them) at Dick's Sporting Goods in a color something milk (money milk?) dunno but anyways they looked like they might be pretty good. What color BG's do you guys use and have you had any experience with the Arkie baits?

Thanks,

Michael
    Big Bobby Garland fan here ~ especially the "electric chicken" ~ account a recent fishing trip resulting in my
    biggest slab to date. A couple of 16 inchers and a 17 1/2 incher on the "electric chicken" has me drooling to
    return with my 12' bnm jiggin' pole. You know how opinions are formed. I have mine set in concrete.
    Tight lines to ya.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at Kalin's Shad in 18 colors for $4.95/50 pack and Southern pro Stinger Shad in 20 colors at $4.95/50 pack!

Monk Monk's Crappie