Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Beaver Lake Crappie Tournaments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beaver Lake Crappie Tournaments

I just wanted to get the word out to my fellow Arkansans about a monthly Crappie tournament held on Beaver lake out of Hickory Creek the 3rd saturday of every month, this months is on Saturday the 20th from 7 a.m to 3 p.m.. It's only $25.00 a boat to enter and theres a 15 fish limit. If you have any direct questions for the directors you can reach them at http://www.hickorycreekmarina.com/Fishreport1.htm
    Hope to see everyone there!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it might be fun. I'll have to try it sometime. I've only been out for an hour or so this last week. Caught 2 nice ones with these quantities I'm learning how to become an avid catch & release man. Seem to be catching more bass than crappie. The Kentucky's are taking over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shores
    Sounds like it might be fun. I'll have to try it sometime. I've only been out for an hour or so this last week. Caught 2 nice ones with these quantities I'm learning how to become an avid catch & release man. Seem to be catching more bass than crappie. The Kentucky's are taking over.
    I went out today to fish the tournament and no one showed up! So I saved $25 and went fishing and did very well! I caught fish on brush piles on the flats near horseshoe bend park about 10' down in 18' of water. I only caught 8 keepers and decided to call it a day! They were still biting when I left though, My wife had tp pee!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Crappie Guide
    I went out today to fish the tournament and no one showed up! So I saved $25 and went fishing and did very well! I caught fish on brush piles on the flats near horseshoe bend park about 10' down in 18' of water. I only caught 8 keepers and decided to call it a day! They were still biting when I left though, My wife had tp pee!

I learned a long time ago to limit my wife liquid in take before and during fishing.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

My wife does'nt like fishing I went for a few hours in the morning. Caught a few only 1 keeper though. Also caught it at about 10 '. Water temperature is now down to 61 degrees.