Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHIGGERS AND Crappie -Which is spawning better????

Post Thanks / Like

Default CHIGGERS AND Crappie -Which is spawning better????

I have been hitting some hard to reach feeder creeks on lakes where I can't get the boat into so I bank it and walk the rest of the way. Found out this week which was biting better on the spawn - whether it was Chiggers or Crappie and the chiggers won out. The crappie were there, but so were the little red bugs. I found out along with another person how to spell MISERABLE real quick.

Anyone have ideas on 1). What products or methods are best to protect against them??? 2). What methods or products to gain some RELIEF???

No doubt, several of you have probably had past experiences. Oh yea, the crappie bit anyway whether the red bugs were out or not.

HELP,

Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

Deet on the socks boots and pants legs....I make sure there all tucked into My boots when walking. A half gallon of old starter helps the itch, but oh what a headache the next day..

Post Thanks / Like

Just like what Tunica said...
    High % of Deet repellent on your socks, trouser cuffs, shirt cuffs, and boots. Tucked in or tied with string, taping or rubber bands. What I use in known bad areas for deer ticks is Duranon Tick Repellant. Really good stuff! Spayed on the same areas but not while wearing them. do not get on your skin. I spray on my clothes the night before and never had any problems. I got die hard hunter friends that has bought cases of this because it is or was hard to find around our hometown.
    marvin

Post Thanks / Like

Good old Ben Gay will drive the suckers out of your skin and stop the itch real fast - usually one or two applications. Need to use it before you break the skin by sratching or it'll burn a bit.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I always just dab the red spots with clear fingernail polish. works every time.

Post Thanks / Like

OK I will bite, What is a chigger? I can hear y'all laughing now. But remember I'm from Cali. What I have figured out is that it is a bug, that bites. Is it like a Tic, Flea,.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

WR:

Yes..its a bug that bites..but a tick or flea
    pales by comparison when it come to the
    ITCHING that the little red suckers cause !
    They seem particularly bad around blackberry
    bushes..and make the tasty lil berries very
    valuable!! They are tiny redbugs that are almost
    invisible..til they make the ITCHIEST spots on
    your skin! May Calif never have to put up with them!

tnvol ( in Tennessee)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrwest
    OK I will bite, What is a chigger? I can hear y'all laughing now. But remember I'm from Cali. What I have figured out is that it is a bug, that bites. Is it like a Tic, Flea,.

Can be very irritating suckers.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...tt=331&fr=ieas

Post Thanks / Like

We used to use clear nail polish, but last year heard about Benadryl Gel and tried it. You have to get the gel not the spray or lotion. It works GOOD.
    To WrWest,
    Chiggers are these tiny little red bugs that burrow into your skin. You cant hardly even see them, but they make you itch like nothing youve ever known. The places they like the most on my family are around the ankles, and the groin area. The more you scratch the worse they itch. They leave aweful scars and you can always tell outdoors type of people by the scars on their legs. Dont feel bad not knowing. We are from AZ and didnt know what they were either till we moved out here to MO.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a chigger magnet ! REPEL " Permanone " sold at your local wally-mart in the camping section is the ONLY thing to use to protect your self .

Trust Me !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast