Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Do you Prefer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Do you Prefer

OK I need to borrow everyone's expertise on this one, I need everyone's thoughts on which pole to buy.
    I know B'n'M is a Great Brand:confused, but what about the Walley Marshall's
    Reason I ask is I am getting ready to buy 4 rods & I have choice between the B'n"m & The Wally Marshall's.
    Wally World has the B'N'M poles 14 ft down here in Ms on clearance for $39, but BPS is running a sale on the 14ft Wally Marshall's for the same exact price & I have the luxury of having a BPS less than 10 miles from home & Wal-mart is only 3 blocks.

So I am asking for everyone's help, obviously the Wally Marshall will cost a little more simply because its farthest from the house & with the gas the way it is $2.79 a gallon down here probably be $5-$6's more than what Wally world would be.

Anyways, PLEASE HEEEELP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You might consider buying 2 of each so in the future you will have had experience with both types and that might help with future purchases.

Post Thanks / Like

Default b&m

My opinion. B&M. I fished with last night back and forth with a b&m and a wally marshall. same length. b&m feels more sensitive to me. Don't get me wrong they both are good rods. If i could buy them for the same exact price, i'd choose the b&m. They just have a little different feeling from top to bottom.
    twister
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried the 14'ers, but the 10' Walleye Marshal seems to have a little more backbone. Better hook sets=more fish. I find the pro series to be as sensitive as anything else on the market.
    www.varsitymrtg.com the #1 source for Fisherman's home financing.

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's not one of the rods you mentioned but you should try one of Richard Williams Crappie Wizzard rods, there the best I've ever used and I have both B&M and Wallys, and Crappie Wizzards are fare better. Contact him at www.crappiewizard.com and you wont have to leave the confort of you house...Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 12 foot Wm and a 12 B&M. It seems I keep the WM in my hand more than the B&M. The only reason I use the B&M is I use it for a plastics,the WM is set up hairjigs. The B&M seems more sensitive but not as balanced as the WM. I take the Wally Marshall any day over the B&M. Now, I have 3, 10 foot Richard Williams poles, I use them for trolling only, they are great poles also. Either way you can't go wrong, to me it was what feels more comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poles

I've used BnM for as long as I can remember and love them. This last year I purchased some Wizard poles and now I have 2 favorites. I recommend either of these two.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

I broke four BnM poles last year, bought two wally marshall poles last spring (05) and haven't broke them yet, fish 1 to 2 days a week using them, no broken tips and catching a few fish every trip.

Post Thanks / Like

best advice is to go to bass pro and get both off the rack and see which you like the best. to me the wally's have more backbone, but i think the bnms have a little more sensitive of a tip. if you break the wally you cant get another tip unless bps has changed on this. good luck they're both great poles and you'll like either.

Post Thanks / Like

Like my new BnM's but a guide was real rough so I cut it off after clipped line a few times. Wally rods I bought a few years back were
    not good for much after the snapping under normal use so I wouldn't go there again. I still prefer glass over graphite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast