Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottsboro area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scottsboro area

Anyone got a crappie report from the Scottsboro area? Used to fish there as a kid but haven't been in years. Planning a trip with dad this weekend and don't want to strike out!

Thanks!
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Anyone got a crappie report from the Scottsboro area? Used to fish there as a kid but haven't been in years. Planning a trip with dad this weekend and don't want to strike out!

Thanks!
    Landon
    If you can find the right jig color you should do great.I fish from the bank so I do better at night but the ones in the boats are doing great with the day light fishing drop offs and the lay downs.The bass are on fire right now so be ready for some nice action.I did see 2 older couple with 50 nice crappie on charchuse and smoke color jigs..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alabamaal. Anything from around the Roseberry creek area?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Thanks alabamaal. Anything from around the Roseberry creek area?
    I grew up fishing Roseberry with my dad in my grandad those were the days we wore them out lol but TVA has poisoned the lake for the the pleasure boater and the jet skiers.Preston island,mud creek,goose pond would be your best bet.You will catch crappie in those areas..

Post Thanks / Like

TVA did not poisoned the lake. TVA washed their hands of treating the lake. They have allowed any landowner to poison as they wish. The local county city and residents are poisoning the lake to give themselves unfettered access. I find it interesting that the State of Alabama, including the Great Robert Bentley announced yesterday the Alabama Bass Trail. Once they killed the grass in Roseberry and Dry Creek, the bass are no longer in supply. The Crappie are not there either. Used to catch a bunch in Roseberry, but no more. I guess, we'll all have to fish Mill and Bosart CreeK.

Just my opinion.
    Zero

Post Thanks / Like

Glad I asked about Roseberry. I had no idea that was going on. We may try Goose Pond but I haven't fished there before. We used to catch a few in Guntersville at Honeycomb but haven't had time to fish much the last few years. Hopefully we don't come back empty handed. I'll have to check out a map and see if I can find some good spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    TVA did not poisoned the lake. TVA washed their hands of treating the lake. They have allowed any landowner to poison as they wish. The local county city and residents are poisoning the lake to give themselves unfettered access. I find it interesting that the State of Alabama, including the Great Robert Bentley announced yesterday the Alabama Bass Trail. Once they killed the grass in Roseberry and Dry Creek, the bass are no longer in supply. The Crappie are not there either. Used to catch a bunch in Roseberry, but no more. I guess, we'll all have to fish Mill and Bosart CreeK.

Just my opinion.
    Zero
    was wondering anyone can poison the water with no recourse for public safety?
    Last edited by alabamaal; 03-09-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Was on the causeways on Hwy 79 the other day and did okay, but did not tear it up like I was hoping. Red shad has been the prominent color with blue grass right behind it in Bobby Garland baby shad jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I don't. No what your talking about but I fished roseberry today on a guide trip with 55 crappie and 15 of them where over 2 pounds and 5 where over 2 3/4 pounds I. So sick of herfeing people taalk abbout the grass being killed and the fish population going down bull crap the crappie are doing we'll if you don't belive me come out tommorow I wil be there. Thanks james
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

James i have caught crappie and bass in there as long as I have been fishing and they get in there just as good now as they ever have at times. Right bait, right time, right approach and a man can catch them. I do not fish much with the new baby and all but if I had a boat and could get out there and had the time I am sure I could catch some fish. Rosebury is still a good place to fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast