Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the story behind this fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's the story behind this fish?

Sorry if this is on here somewhere.....I can't find it if it is.

Anyone know what the story with this fish is??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

BOGUS! That fish has been caught in several states and gains weight each time it's posted. Fish was really caught in Illinois.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I figured....it turned up on a Missouri Deer hunting forum....the guy that posted it there had seen it in several spots on the net with some crazy stories and wondered what the real story was.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Here ya go...this fish has really made the rounds Mike Zimmer’s 4-5 crappie

Mon, March 15, 2010

Mike Zimmer of Waterloo caught this 4-pound, 5-ounce crappie out of Kinkaid Lake on a chilly March 15. The fish, believed to be a white crappie, is just two ounces short of the state record.
    The Illinois record white crappie weighed 4 pounds, 7 ounces and was caught by Kevin Dennis in a private pond in Morgan County on April 8, 1973.
    “It was unbelievable,” Zimmer told Rod Kloeckner of the Belleville News-Democrat. “It’s probably like catching an 8- or 9-pound bass or a 70-pound flathead (catfish). Crappie fisherman know just how big something like this is.”
    Zimmer said he was using a 12-foot crappie pole, a slip bobber and a Grizzly jig tipped with a minnow near some flooded trees in 2-10 feet of water.
    The fish was 19 inches long and had a 16-inch girth and was one of 25 Zimmer caught that day. Kloeckner reported that Zimmer also had a 3-pounder and one that weighed 3 pounds, 8 ounces.

“It was huge, I’ll tell you that. I about fell over when I saw it,” said John Wanless of Frank’s Real Bait Shop in Gorham. “They weighed it at home and then what I heard they took it to (Bass Pro Shops) in St. Charles and had it weighed there, too.”
    This is not the first big crappie out of Kinkaid. Wanless said Ron Kumke of Chester caught a 3-5 slab last year on March 10 and this year had fish of 3 pounds on March 10 and then a 3-8 slab on March 11.
    “There’s numerous 3-pound plus fish coming out of Kinkaid,” Wanless said. “And most of them are coming from the upper end of the lake. But it’s muddy up there sometimes, so I don’t know how far up they are going.”
    The Illinois record black crappie weighed 4 pounds, 8 ounces and was caught by John Hampton in Rend Lake on May 15, 1976.
    The record hybrid crappie was 4 pounds, 8.3 ounces and was caught by teenager Marcus Miller on May 14, 2008 out of a farm pond in Jefferson County.

Post Thanks / Like

So....that's the real story?? NICE FISH!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archer66 View Post
    That's what I figured....it turned up on a Missouri Deer hunting forum....the guy that posted it there had seen it in several spots on the net with some crazy stories and wondered what the real story was.

Thanks.
    whats that missouri deer hunting forum called

Post Thanks / Like

missouriwhitetails.com, pretty busy MOMO site really.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

That fish is a freakin mutant man.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The fish was originally caught by DeathBeforeDisco on 4# mono Trilene pale yellow line with the red #2 zapata cycle hook tied with dual loop cache.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast