Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To try again or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Default To try again or not?

I think I have about 5 free hours tomorrow morning into the early afternoon. I don't have anything to do, but i'm getting a little discouraged fishing Smithville. I haven't had much luck and I really don't want my enthusiasm to fade before the spawn. I have a friend who used to fish Smithville frequently but now he wont even bother unless its the spawn. Anyways if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. I will have an empty boat too if someone wants to jump in and go.

Semper Fishing.
    Trey

Post Thanks / Like

pm sent

Post Thanks / Like

Don't give up on it! You have to have those bad days, that's what makes the good days so enjoyable. Even if you get out on the water for a few hours and don't catch anything, it'll still be a great day. Hang in there and I look forward to fishing with you one of these days.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been discouraged plenty of times at Smithville.....but I've also smelled the skunk at Truman a few times. We keep trying to learn and then to find them...it's what we do

Hang in there Trey. I get to snake a sewer out tomorrow......maybe you'd like to trade?

Post Thanks / Like

Smithville gets better later in the spring for crappie . Walleye fishing should pick up this month . Without ice on the lake this winter , I think the brush piles got hammered and the crappie were pressured more than usual in the winter months .

Post Thanks / Like

If ya just need to remember what it feels like to catch a mess try Watkins Mill aint very big but shor can get a bunch of'um

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

nothing to think about! if ya got some free time in the morning, make sure your on the water somewhere it's gonna be a beautiful morningThumbs Up and mother nature is gonna give us a break from the hurricane wind's!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Always keep trying, the bad days make the good days that much better and memorable. Get out there and pull some lips!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't let them get you down. Go out and try. Just when you think your in a funk you will go out and catch a mess of them. Good Luck! All you ladys and gents stay safe this weekend. Looks to be a great Sat. God Bless

Post Thanks / Like

Try not letting your jig get deeper than 4-5 feet on these warm days. I've often found the crappie will be just out of sight near the surface to be close to the warming layer of water. Especially this time of the year, casting and letting the bait drift back to you can be especially deadly. You may not feel the bite, but watch your line and you'll know when to set the hook. I have a set of trees that almost always produces half a limit of crappie if not more. It's always my first stop. I'll try vertical jigging, cast and let it fall back to boat and back off and cast. One of those methods seems to prduce and can be different from day to day. I hit my hot spot first, figure out how the fish are feeding that day and then a move or two will usually fill out my limit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast