Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: telescopic rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default telescopic rods

What do you guys think of the B&M telescopic rods - I got a 10 footer with a zebco microspin reel for a gift - have not used them yet think I will try it Saturday Night at our social in NC
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod

Guess they are ok, it's what ever you like using, i had one in the past and it seemed heavy to me, i only use the 2 piece rods now 10' and 11' is about all i care to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Default your right

Quote Originally Posted by Lum
    Guess they are ok, it's what ever you like using, i had one in the past and it seemed heavy to me, i only use the 2 piece rods now 10' and 11' is about all i care to use.
    it does seem a bit heavy at the base, but the tip is ultra sensative - i guess I will just have to experiment with them-
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used them for many years and until recently really liked them. I have found that as I get older, they get heavier. The 10 footers are still Ok, but I'm replacing my 12 footers with BnM, Sam's super sensitive. Those are really fine rods.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have one that I won last year at the TeeZur Tournament

They gave away a few of these rods last year as door prizes and I won one of them. I fooled around with it some but I prefer my Graphite Poles over the old heavy fiberglass poles. I do have another collapsable fiberglass rod that I still have in my boat. It has a small plastic wheel that hold the fishing line internally. There is a small metal handle that comes out and has a plastic knob on the end. The fishing line runs down the middle of the tubes and then out through the very end or tip. I used this rod about 20 years ago when crappie fishing at KY Lake. That was back when we used to use those long bamboo fishing poles to fish the BUCK BRUSH for crappie. Boy those were the days.

These days I have all graphite rods. Several 5ft ultra lights that I still love and use. These are from Cabelas and they are great for dock shooting or still fishing and even casting out a jig. I have a 12ft long BnM Grapite Jig pole and a 10ft long Graphite Richard Williams rod along with a 7.5ft Graphite Richard Williams rod. Those rods stay in my boat all the time. I carry one bass fishing worm rod and one bait casting reel but hardly ever use it anymore.

I also have two more of those telescoping fiberglass poles but the plastic things that hold a reel on the rod has broken and therefore I can't really trust them anymore.

Like the other guys said. they are much heavier than the newer graphite rods. But they work and they can catch fish. When a fish bites your minnow he has no idea what type of rod and reel is attached to the other end. Heck they don't even care if your in a old john boat or a 50,000 Ranger Bass Boat. All they want is that minnow for dinner.

The fiberglass poles work and they will catch fish. And the fact that they collapse is a plus.

I found that the guides were hard to allign on my colapsable BnM Pole and I didn't like that. The pole sections got stuck at times and were hard to pull out and arrange in the right orientation due to the guides sticking.
    Regards,

Moose1am