PDA

View Full Version : progressive insurance for boats

crappieseeker
03-08-2012, 06:26 PM
First of all if this is not in the right category I appologize. I am thinking about purchasing a new boat and I am looking to get my car insurance and boat insurance through the same company. I found a good rate with progressive with my autos and boat together. I was just wondering if any of you have had experience filing a claim with this company and if they were a reliable company to insure with. Since this is a fishing forum and a lot of us fish fro boats and need insurance I thought this would be a good place to ask.

kingkrappie
03-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes, ice storm/limb damage they were great, when i added new electronics i bumped my insurance up 3 grand which cost 3 bucks a month more, I also insured all fishing equipment in my boat for 5 grand for $50 a year, if you carry as much stuff as I do it's well worth it.

Bottom_Bouncer
03-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I would recommend them. They handled my claim with no problems. Everything they told me was straight up. My rates did not go up either after my claim. They are a good company in my opinion.

indianachinker
03-08-2012, 06:58 PM
I have autos, boat, house, and lifeinsurance with allstate worth a look at. They have great boat insurance. I use to be with progressive and switched.

crappieseeker
03-08-2012, 07:32 PM
I have gotten quotes in the past from allstate and they have always been higher. King they told me the same thing for less than 3 dollars more a month I can insure 3,000 worth of equipment. Sounds like a good plan. I just wanted to know how well they pay off on claims. Thanks for the info and if you read this and have experience continue your thoughts.

Big H trucking
03-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Got all my cars,trucks,company trucks,and boat with progressive and could not be happier. Great claims department kind freindy and fast