Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Your favorite night fishing methods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your favorite night fishing methods

I am new to night crappie fishing. What is your favorite way to catch some at night? What kind of lights and methods do you like?
    The fish were bitting yesterday, The fish will bite tomorrow,,, today I must buy my fish

Post Thanks / Like

check out the following link on crappie.com. I think it will tell you all you need to know.

Good luck and keep us posted on your success.

http://www.crappie.com/rango/index.htm

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb I've used the following .......

Coleman gas lantern hung over the side of the boat.

12V headlight in styrofoam, floating on surface next to boat.

12V submersible unit. (high intensity white light)

12V Blacklight units (dual bulb - UV blacklight/fluorescent white).

All were used while tightline fishing with minnows .... tied off to standing timber, or anchored over channel edge.

They all work ... with the Blacklight/white light units being the least cumbersome, and drawing the least amount of battery juice (vs the other 12V units).
    Nostalgic memories of night fishing for Crappie, using the Coleman Lantern, with my Grandparents ... makes me lean in that direction But, there are many options ... several more than I use/listed.
    I don't "nightstalk" for Crappie much these days ... but, if I do, I'll probably be using the dual bulb Blacklight systems - simply due to the fact that I don't have to do anything but plug them into my "portable jumper battery" and start fishing (plus, I can turn off the white light, and cast jigs ... and still see my line ) ......... cp

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

From emails & PM's to Rango, along with the article Rango posted I pretty much modeled after him. I figured why not use the words and advise from someone that's already figured out all the "bugs" of nightstalking. Not trying to "sell" anything I do particularly like the starfire lights. This is what I would consider a big advancement from the days back many years ago since I used to fish underneath the bridges using lanterns hanging over the side of the boat. Just my 2 cents worth.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.