Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boat insurance claims

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat insurance claims

Had to call boatus today to get a claim number, never had to make a claim before. Home lake is really low right now, went normal path to follow channel and stay outside around channel marker, then ran aground hitting rocks where its supposed to be deep enough. Didn't try to shotcut marker or anything. Boy am I pissed. Water level went from 24 ft to under 2 feet as I made my turn. Have been through that same path this time of year for past three years without any hint of a problem, them bam! Broke the skeg, the prop, and bent the prop shaft. Lake is a little lower this year than usual but had just been through there a week ago with no problem. Looked at the cost of a rebuilt lower unit at over $1,700. Now I got to go get estimates for the repairs.banghead Hope no one else has this kind of luck. Wonder how many others have hit that thing. I guess I'll be idling through there till lake is at summer pool again. UUUhhhhhh.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your problem. Glad you did not get hurt, except your feelings! Let me know how easy the claim goes with BOATUS? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks. But I'm glad you're insured, that'll make it hurt less.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard good and bad about the claim process. Hope it works out for you. I've had mine for the last 5 years, sure would hurt my feelings to be paying for something all that time, and than have issues when I needed them.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Had that happen to me on old hickory pulling the kids on a tube in 20 ft of water and ham tore the lower unit pretty bad hit something green same Color as the marker bout was about 50 yards from the closest marker had boat us insurance they would pay for 100% for a rebuilt one but I think on 50% for a after market new one had the shop put the new after market one on and they worked with me on but no problems with boat us
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

I can beat that. My dad is an outboard mechanic and we was testing a boat running in about 5-7ft and hit a pontiac! Been stolen 2 months ago and rolled down the ramp. Luckily just a busted skeg and no further damage. I've been highly considering a jet drive, parasitic or not so I never have to worry.

Post Thanks / Like

BoatUS is very good with claims. That's what I have, and have had to file claims twice in the past. They will send out their own adjuster and take care of everything.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

I have to take the boat tomorrow to the boat locker for an appraisal, will see how deep the damage goes. Hopefully nothing more than just the lower unit. Thanks for the good reports on boatus guys, was a little concerned. Crappie season is coming into full swing, don't need a bunch of down time. Would be nice if they could fix it while I'm in Texas visiting grandsons over spring break, couldn't use it anyway that week.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

What does boat insurance cost

Post Thanks / Like

It don't cost a lot, just did a claim last week on mine. Statefarm insurance here in MO is fast. And place that did the work dropped what they were doing to get mine don last week in just 4 days. It was not a lot of damage but with paint with flake in it it takes time to get it right. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast