Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Micro Spoons

Post Thanks / Like

Default Micro Spoons

Where can I buy some Micro Spoons besides the manufacturer? They have a $70 minimum order and thats a few more spoons than I need or want. Land bigfish doesn't carry the spoons just the plastic. Anybody??

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but I use both Kastmasters & Swedish Pimples in the smaller sizes - 1/12 oz. up to and including the 1/8 oz. sizes. Have used them very successfully on bluegill, perch and crappie. I got mine some of them at a local WalMarts and others at Cabelas. The later had a great selection in the store. You might also try Dicks; just not sure if they carry any of the smaller spoons?
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know they went to bulk sales only. Sorry. Contact Shipahoy41. He may have some. He makes them too.
    Last edited by chaunc; 03-08-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Microspoons said they were too busy filling wholesale orders to fill small retail orders. Good for them - nice to hear somebody's having success in a crappy economy. Maybe ask Microspoons who the wholesale buyers are, i.e. where you can buy them retail.

There is another lure manufacturer (I can't remember who) that advertises on the board, but doesn't sell retail. But the website has a nice "Visit our retailers" section with links.
    "I care not for a man's religion unless his dog and cat are the better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bdorman View Post
    I think Microspoons said they were too busy filling wholesale orders to fill small retail orders. Good for them - nice to hear somebody's having success in a crappy economy. Maybe ask Microspoons who the wholesale buyers are, i.e. where you can buy them retail.

There is another lure manufacturer (I can't remember who) that advertises on the board, but doesn't sell retail. But the website has a nice "Visit our retailers" section with links.

They need to sell to a wholesaler that has online sales. They are missing out on business and plenty of word of mouth advertising.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinnut View Post
    they need to sell to a wholesaler that has online sales. They are missing out on business and plenty of word of mouth advertising.
    x2

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    I didn't know they went to bulk sales only. Sorry. Contact Shipahoy41. He may have some. He makes them too.

I have also posted a few threads on here how anybody can learn to solder themselves in about 30 minutes. After that you will be able to make one every fifteen seconds. Look for the thread pinmins or the thread how to solder an ice jig. If you can't find them shoot me a pm and I will give you the links.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Get in touch with Hammonds Bait and Tackle at Lake Lanier in Gainsville Georgia. I think they sell them.

Post Thanks / Like

You are right Ragfly, Keith lives near Hamnods and they carrie them, You can phone them at 770 8886898. Great bunch of folks and Keith makes a good spoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but I use both Kastmasters & Swedish Pimples in the smaller sizes - 1/12 oz. up to and including the 1/8 oz. sizes. Have used them very successfully on bluegill, perch and crappie. I got mine some of them at a local WalMarts and others at Cabelas. The later had a great selection in the store. You might also try Dicks; just not sure if they carry any of the smaller spoons?
    I'm big on the kastmasters cause they catch sandies, channel cat, blue gill and crappies too.
    When I'm after just crappies, I'll stick with my Bobby Garlands. So far, I'm managing to stay
    happy with my selections. #1 electric chicken, #2 cajun cricket, #3 blue thunder, all in baby shad.
    Tried some Slider Originals in 1 1/2" Crappie Grub in chart, blk flake & orange paddle tail, and they
    have found a place in my heart due to their action. They have a tendency to attract goggle eye
    perch as well. Keepin' a tight line helps.