Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Question

What is the best rod, I have reels, to use, I am not so new to crappie fishing but being in the military I am in Missouri where I can fish for them now, I was stationed at Fort Lewis, Wa and the crappie fishing was not so good up there, the trout was awesome though. I would like to know how long of a rod to use and all of that stuff that goes with it. I can't afford a lot for a rod, having a new son three weeks ago. Thanks for any information. I posted this in the Newbie thread and was told that I should post this here.

Post Thanks / Like

try a crappie hunter from wally world its 9 ft its perfect for bank fishing and fishing in the buck brush

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yellowjacket View Post
    try a crappie hunter from wally world its 9 ft its perfect for bank fishing and fishing in the buck brush
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

its not the best thing in the world but it gets the job done. my buddy trolled with 1 this weekend and it go the job done.

Post Thanks / Like

I would buy a 10 or 12 foot one myself.look at grizzly jig website they did have some pinncale rods on sell pretty cheap
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big H trucking View Post
    I would buy a 10 or 12 foot one myself.look at grizzly jig website they did have some pinncale rods on sell pretty cheap
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Try one of MrCrappie's new rods sold at Academy now. Get you an 8ft or 9ft rod, I love my 8ft rods. You can do just about anything with an 8ft'er. Wally Marshall is MrCrappie, he has a thread on the same page as your thread. Never used his rods, but lots of people love em. Another great rod is a Sam Heaton Super Sensitive 9ft'er, everybody loves them. You can get them at Bass Pro Shops. Both are probably around 50 bucks with tax. Try not to scrimp to much if you really like to fish, you'll be glad you didn't.

Boomer Sooner!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieWhisperer View Post
    Try one of MrCrappie's new rods sold at Academy now. Get you an 8ft or 9ft rod, I love my 8ft rods. You can do just about anything with an 8ft'er. Wally Marshall is MrCrappie, he has a thread on the same page as your thread. Never used his rods, but lots of people love em. Another great rod is a Sam Heaton Super Sensitive 9ft'er, everybody loves them. You can get them at Bass Pro Shops. Both are probably around 50 bucks with tax. Try not to scrimp to much if you really like to fish, you'll be glad you didn't.

Boomer Sooner!!!
    Thanks and Boomer Sooner!! The only real team in Oklahoma!!

Post Thanks / Like

First welcome to Crappie.com , your getting some good advice on here. We use the Sam Heatons in 9 & 10 ft lengths for dipping jigs/minnow's in the timber on Truman,like them a lot ! Come over to the Missouri board and say Hi lots of good folks around here !!

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Most of you already know I'm a fan of B n' M rods and the Sam's SuperSensitive is about as good as it gets. I've tried a lot of UL's in my day too! However, you don't say what kind of crappie fishing you do? i.e.: are you fishing from a boat, from shore, what kind of water you are fishing, etc.? If you have boat options then I'd go with the 9' version; if shore bound, consider the 7' model. JMO.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."