Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pymatuning reservoir on 5-7 to 5-10

JeorgeD Guest

Default Pymatuning reservoir on 5-7 to 5-10

Going up to Pymatuning to do a little fishing... Any pointers on what spots are producing i would greatly appreciate it and what bait to troll with.

I hope the crappie bite is still on before then. Although it did get cold last night it may keep the water temp down alittle (40 degree).

Would mind scoring a few cats aswell. Thank you

Jeorge

JeorgeD Guest

Default Just got back from Raccoon State park

In an hour and a half landed 6 fish, 5 keepers. Had myself one hell of a sandwich. All just about 10.5", That's about the norm here, considering it was all from shore. Gotta go to work now.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished pymie the last 2 days: 40 keeper crappies and 3 walleyes. The crappies would hit what ever you threw at them.:D

JeorgeD Guest

Girlfriends father is not doing all that well...Fishing trip could be in Jeopardy...Will keep posted

JeorgeD Guest

Default Where you hitting them at?

Up linesville or below the causeway? Ohio or Pennslyvania? I won't have a fishfinder on hand. So i'll have to chase a map all day.

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeorge, My son and I went to pymie last friday and saturday to fish a crappie tournament. Friday wasn't very productive for us but, we did find them. On saturday we had a great day. I don't know how many we caught but, we did catch them. The biggest fish of the tournament was 2lb 3oz male black crappie. That thing was a pig! My son and I finished 11th out of 44 teams.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

JeorgeD Guest

Default Congrats on the blackie...

I was looking into joining that tourney $40 per person, is reasonable. But for me to get a weekend off i better have it in writing atleast 2 months before had, (Sous Chef). And that's still not a guarantee. Anyways back on the subject at hand.

Raccoon State Park is just about 1 mile from my house, i fish it probally just about four to five times a week, between April 15 and June 1st. Not a huge bass fan. After a few weeks trout turn me off as well. Ohh ya, the bait store ran outta minnows last night too! I threw my whole tackle box at them this morning and still not even a hit, Although i had a brute follow in a popper! But nothing.

Finally have a chance to head north to pyme, Went up 6 times last year, but late in the season. Only a few cats and when they weren't biting it was the carp that kept me busy. I would like to hit the crappie Monday morning, I am going to rent a boat, but i have to follow a map for the fish. I'm sure i'll still do alright.

My question is if you guys troll for them at all? And if you do... Do you anchor down or simply drift? And where at North or South of the Causeway? Ohio or PA side?

Thanks

JeorgeD Guest

Well after a really nice 2.5 days off from work. I did manage to make it up Pymatuming. The crappie bite was really off. The water temperature was 61 -65 Degrees Sunday through Tuesday. And after today i'm sure the crappie are dropping or dropped almost all of thier eggs.

I managed to bring 10 to the boat although it was not easy. Just weren't hitting the 1/.16 oz Charteause Jig head with a 2" white grub tall. That's my bread and butter so i didn't even really bother to change.

As for the walleye tho! Landed 12 in little over 15 hours of fishing. One 23.5"!!! Three Keepers total. Most were in they 7" to 14" range. Worm Harnass out in the weedbeds adjacent to snodgrass... Great weather must admit. Water is always Brown tho! You can only see 18" in into the water! <---It's strange i must admit. Even with the water being 2 - 3' down.

Ohh well. Looks like i'll have to find the structure in the deeper water now! G'd Luck everyone, and remember always keep them lines tight!

mroad Guest

Default Pymatuning 5/1-5/5

Have been out of the loop for a while...we spent 5 days on the lake the first week of May. Walleye were slow but crappie were on all week. Spools on the north side of the causeway by the bridge on the Ohio side and also in 4-6 feet of water just south of the islands at the Pandanarum ramp. most of the fish were 10 inches or more with several 12 plus and a few 13-14. We only kept those 10 inches and over. There actually were not very many smaller fish. The weather was very nice, not like the last few weeks of cold and rain. Hoping to get back up there soon.