Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Willgreen Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Question Willgreen Lake

Has anyone on here ever fished for bluegill on this lake?? I have heard it is a dandy little lake.Thinking about making a trip maybe next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't fished it for a couple of years but it has a pretty good rep as a good bluegill lake. I always did pretty well. It does, however, get a lot of fishing pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome bluegill lake,
    I have fished it for many years before moving to GA.

PM me and I will give you exact locations of the beds I used to fish year after year and they seem to always be on them each Spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Slab....I have fished it many times. I lived in Richmond for 10yrs. If you want to go, we can meet up and go together. I have not fished it for bluegill much but crappie are there! I used to catch them trolling and casting the banks with Rebel crawdads with a small BB sinker about 18" from the knot. I can't go mothers day weekend...I'll be in Vicco seeing my mom......but just about any other weekend is possible. Fred
    Sponsored by my wallet!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to Willgreen Sunday. I have a son that goes to school in Richmond and we will be fishing for crappie. I have never seen the lake before is this a HP limited lake or a no wake lake? Anyone have any tips on where the crappie are at.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wilgreen lake

Lake has no motor size limit but is idle speed only. Lot of fishing pressure on the weekends.