Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware of thieves!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beware of thieves!!!

tonight I discovered that 4 6' Falcon Lowrider rods with Shimano Symmetre reels along with 6 or 7 Falcon 5' light action rods with smaller symmetre reels were stolen from my garage. The total damage is a little over $2000.00.

The worst part is that it appears that the 5' rods are no longer made and are therefore not replaceable.

Whoever stole them obviously knew what they were and where they were. I mean, what are the odds that a stranger would just happen into the garage and know what these were. Also, how would someone that knew I had them know where they were.

None of my friends would steal them. Even if they were thieves, they would know that I would see them with them one day and they would be caught.

I have an iea as to who may have had something to do with it, but I won't make an accusation if I don't know for sure.

Bottom line is that there is no lower life form than someone who steals something that someone else has worked for.

Bottom line is, keep your garage door closed, and be sure you know who you are letting into it.

If anyone sees anyone using these rods, there is a $500 reward for evidence that leads to the return of the rods and reels.
    Last edited by SmokyOkie; 03-05-2012 at 11:02 PM.
    si non ire, nescies--Tim

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Tim. I totally agree with you there isn't a lower form of Human Life than a THIEF. Hope you find the person or persons involved in the crime....Ranger
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

Post Thanks / Like

I agree too. Just makes me furious. I will keep my eyes open if I see anyone using that set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and I failed to mention, they had to have done it while we were home. We never leave the garage door open unless we are here.
    si non ire, nescies--Tim

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

GRRRRRR...to be so brave to enter another mans domain while he and family are home..we certainly need an open carry law in effect..well at my home since I got raided a few years back I do have access to a firearm at all times and hope I will not be afraid to use it. God and Family come first. DIRT BAGS DON'T COUNT...Ranger
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

Post Thanks / Like

If I caught someone in my garage stealing my stuff, I wouldn't need a gun. I would prefer to use something else.
    si non ire, nescies--Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Man that makes me sick just thinking about it. You just can't replace stuff like that. Hope you catch the guy that did it. If you need 3 or 4 rods and reels to get you by for a while let me know. I'll get them to you.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the offer Kevin.
    si non ire, nescies--Tim

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand people. It takes much more planning and work to steal than it does to just get a job and earn an honest living. Last spring on a Sat. night someone took all my poles out of the rod box and my stainless prop off my boat sitting right in front of my house...While we were asleep. It's not so much the cost and inconvenience of replacing them, but the fact that someone violates your property.

Post Thanks / Like

I am worried when I go out on the lake now, since I saw in another forum (OH and KY area) that people are stealing boat trailers from the launches. They just unscrew the ball, or pull the hitch out if not locked. They are cutting them up for scrap metal. I've got a shiny new aluminum trailer, may have to camo that thing or something.

I transferred here a couple years back with a large oil company and couldn't believe the amount of equipment that goes missing off our locations in SE Oklahoma. Batteries are real popular items, as well as trailers and pumps.

I have lived in various parts of the country, and it seems that when the Meth moves into an area, the stealing begins...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast