Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with sponsor... again :)

Post Thanks / Like

Question help with sponsor... again :)

Alright, well last time you guys gave me the advice to get sponsored by crazy angler (thanks, it has been great so far and we are killin em on the slab bandits). To refresh you guys, I am a 15 year old angler from ohio, I am currently sponsored by CrazyAngler (robert does awesome down there), crappie pro, and the local taxidermists, as well as imperial flooring. I'm working on a few too. But lately I hit a dryspell and can't get any luck. My main want is to get sponsored by a rod company but b n m and shakespeare seem to be a lil out of my reach... anyone got any advice on a smaller crappie rod comp.?
    Thanks all!

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Try Wally Marshall Mr Crappie!!!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you tournament fishing or just putting decals on your boat? Sponsors want anglers who are successful in tournaments or TV and who are getting exposure for their products. If you are trying to round up sponsors, you need to be able to give them back a return on their investments. Get out there and do well in some regional events and the sponsors will come knocking on your door. If you are trying to get them so you can start fishing tournaments, you are going at it backwards.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWaller View Post
    Alright, well last time you guys gave me the advice to get sponsored by crazy angler (thanks, it has been great so far and we are killin em on the slab bandits). To refresh you guys, I am a 15 year old angler from ohio, I am currently sponsored by CrazyAngler (robert does awesome down there), crappie pro, and the local taxidermists, as well as imperial flooring. I'm working on a few too. But lately I hit a dryspell and can't get any luck. My main want is to get sponsored by a rod company but b n m and shakespeare seem to be a lil out of my reach... anyone got any advice on a smaller crappie rod comp.?
    Thanks all!
    I would start with what you are fishing now. Meaning, look at your gear you currently are fishing with. If its catching you fish and you can stand by the product and say that product helps me catch fish, then that is a product you want to become Pro Staff/Sponsored by. Second put together a resume/bio with your fishing experience and tournament finishes and then call, call and call again (plus send them out). I agree with mrdux companies want a return on their investment so you need to start out with smaller companies not the big name sponsors you see in tournaments. And you actually have a advantage being 15 there are companies looking for young men and women who will promote their product and per say/grow up fishing it. And the best advise dont get discouraged... you will have 100 no answers but then out of nowhere you will get a sponsor. So keep at it! Hope this helps... (ps tell your day Benjamin & Benjamin said hello)
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

What have you done for your current sponsors that you can show potential sponsors? Make a youtube video of how to fish with slab bandits and get a million of your friends to watch it. Get testimonials from your current sponsors about what a great relationship working with you guys is. Most of all, get exposure (newspaper, websites, tournament photos, etc) and keep it in front of the potential sponsors.

Good luck. It will happen for you if you are persistent enough.
    "I care not for a man's religion unless his dog and cat are the better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, thanks guys. I fish the adult division in the buckeye crappie challenge across ohio and finished 8th overall in the points race last year, got 4th on the classic tourny, and multiple top 10 finishes (using crappie pro plastics). Based on what you guys have said, I will send more emails to the company I want and I will invest in a tripod to start filming some youtbube shows.
    Right Mental Attitude
    CrazyAngler Pro Staff Memer, Home of the Slab Bandits!
    CrappiePro Pro Staff Member
    HighPoint Taxidermy Pro Staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Your best bet would be to have someone else film your fishing. Might be a little hard to get someone, but maybe a friend or family member would help you out?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I gotta buddy that comes with me all the time. He's generous and I bet he would do it, heck he would love to do that. Ever since we were little we talked about filming our own outdoor shows lol
    Right Mental Attitude
    CrazyAngler Pro Staff Memer, Home of the Slab Bandits!
    CrappiePro Pro Staff Member
    HighPoint Taxidermy Pro Staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Ask your slab bandit sponsor (crazyangler?) what they would like in a video. You want them to put it on their website, so find out what they'd like. They might not have any ideas, but if they do it would be helpful to know.

"Here's my go-to color selections. Here are the additional colors I keep on hand for this situation and that situation..."Here's how I rig them"
    etc, etc.

This way, when you send an email to a potential sponsor you can simply include a weblink along with your pitch.
    "I care not for a man's religion unless his dog and cat are the better for it." -- Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

might try ozark rod company with grizzly jig in missouri

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast