Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found Out Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Found Out Today

Just found out that there people stealing trailers from trucks at boat ramps around where I fish.what they are doing is undoing the ball from the truck ,hooking it to theirs and driving away.they then proceed to cut the trailer up and sell it for scrap .I am welding my ball on today.this might be going on elsewhere , I don't know and it might not be new to others on here ,but it was new to me .just thought I would pass it on to all.once again people never cease to amaze me .
    Last edited by lilbill; 03-04-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

What the heck that is crazy. Thats why I keep mine locked up on my truck, home in driveway, and in the garage. I hope they catch em. Sure would take alot of trailers to make a ton.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah mine is trailer locked and the hitch is locked but there isn't a lock for the ball to my knowledge.all I can think to do is weld the nut and ball onto the hitch.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If I understand this correctly, the thieves are removing the ball from the hitch bar. These guys are nuts. You are right, it will take a bunch of trailers to make a ton of scrap. Mighty little profit for the risks they are taking. That is the reason that I use Red Lock-tite on the threads of all my hitches. You don't take anything of with wrenches that has been attached with Red Lock-tire.

Post Thanks / Like

What Scumbags!!

Post Thanks / Like

The key word is "Drugs" It's fueling a lot of crime these days!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Our fishing club has experienced some thefts that has not happened before. We have a 100 acre pond and a lot of guys leave boats out there just for fishing in the pond(electric motor only). Most all are chained and locked to trees.
    Well we realized last week about 7 or 8 boats were gone. All of them aluminum. They left the glass and plastic ones, took the metal ones and sold them for scrap. First it was copper plumbing pipes, then A/C units, now boats and trailers. Geez..what next?
    SeaRay
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

This has been happening here for a few years. Crazy! Also tail gates. I mean a bunch have been taken. Weird thing is I haven't heard anyone ever been caught. It is big around hear.

Post Thanks / Like

New to me, but doesn't surprise me. A few years ago they were working the parked trucks at ramps(especially 4 wheel drives that were easy to slide under) and cutting the catalyic converters off with cordless sawsall, these fitch about $200 from recyclers but cost you $2000 to replace.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the world we live in today. It probaly will not get any better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast