Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone recommend a good 7' ultralight rod that won't break bank?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can anyone recommend a good 7' ultralight rod that won't break bank?

Looking for a good ultralight rod in the 7' range for under $100. Any suggestions?
    Want something for casting 1/32 jigs a reasonable distance.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro micro lite, have 3 and could not be happier. $49.99
    DR Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the Microlite.

Post Thanks / Like

x3 on the BPS microlite.

Post Thanks / Like

Micro lites are very nice but you said on the cheap. Shakespeare makes a rod called micro graphite that are imo better than a regular ol uglystick. They have them at wally world. I bought a 7' 4wt flyrod and taped a spinning reel on the handle like you would on a tennessee handle. I got it on clearance for 13 bucks. Im gonna put a teennessee handle on it. The up side is I can put a fly reel on it and whackem when they are popin bugs on top. Just food for thought.
    Likes Slabs4Dinner LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 7' ultra light at Wally World. I cast 1/32oz jigs on it just fine.

It was like $35.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a few of the shakespeares mentioned and like em fine. My favorite is a 2 piece, 6'6" Lightning rod that says medium action. Has a soft tip that throws the little jigs well and enough backbone for the bigger fish. Where the cork meets the blank in front of the reel, the hole need to be opened up a little so it doesn't break the forward end of the handle. not a bad or cheap reel seat, just the nature of that style reel seat /handle combo. Love the rod, effortless to use and about $50.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

B n' M makes a great UL rod. The Sam's SuperSensitive. I have two of these 7' rods. Been using them for several years. $49.00. Can't beat them anywhere.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

i only use fly rods.with a spinning reel on it...i only fish for white perch...i dont cast normally tight line or troll...mine are finwick.8'6" you can feel them sneeze on it...i love them

Post Thanks / Like

I love myberkley cherywoods. 7fters are 20$ at bps or wal mart. I great value and a tough rod. theones i have are 4 years old and still going strong. and i am very hard on my equipment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast