Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Poor man shrimp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poor man shrimp

filets of crappie or bream...just drop them, into boiling water spiced with crab/shirmp boil..boil for about 3 more minutes then cut the heat. Let the filets soak for about 15 minutes...you can boil taters and corn and all the trimmings of course then drop in the fish the last few.

Tunica shirmp at its best.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up yes sir you got it

Quote Originally Posted by Tunica
    filets of crappie or bream...just drop them, into boiling water spiced with crab/shirmp boil..boil for about 3 more minutes then cut the heat. Let the filets soak for about 15 minutes...you can boil taters and corn and all the trimmings of course then drop in the fish the last few.

Tunica shirmp at its best.
    you got that right, any kind of fish boiled that way is great, sometimes we just boil new taters n' fresh corn on tha cob-- mmmmmmmmgoood--- next day they even better!

good fishin --- Dmann
    Last edited by dmann436; 05-04-2006 at 06:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

We do that and put them in cocktail sauce (ketchup/horseradish) and you can't tell it from crab cocktail.

Post Thanks / Like

Love that idea Tunica. Have always wanted to eat crappie like shrimp. I'll try it.

I assume you are in Tunica, or the cut-off. Do you know my family, Julian and Jane Sides?

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Take that boiled meat, oncw chilled, and make some crab cakes out of them or use the uncooked filets in GUMBO....MMMMMMMM