Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Info on night fishing lights.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Info on night fishing lights.

I've read many threads on this, but would like to dredge it up again. It gets real hot down here in south GA, and even the nights are very warm. However, night fishing may be a great option to replenish the old freezer with fish. I've never done this before. Looks really cool.

Information about my fishing situation.
    I fish in large ponds (15-30 acres) in south GA. Some are overpopulated with crappie. I want to night fish during the summer months. I use a small (10') pond boat. I have an anchor.

Questions.
    1. Are the bigger lights necessary if I only fish in 15 ft of water?
    2. How do you hook up muliple lights to a battery? The alligator clips may not serve for muliple lights.
    3. What kind of bait do you use? I like curly tail jigs.

Observations.
    Reel-lites and Auroras look like the real deal, cost more though.
    Optronics lights look like a nice compromise, at least for a beginner like me.
    I may do a combo of floating and submerged green light, just to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

The more light the better I also have LED lights in the boat for retying lines, baiting hooks, etc.

Hook one to the deep cycle and one to the starter or cut off the clips and wire and wire 2 lights together or you can use 1 light and a latern(s) hanging above the water (old school)...put some tinfoil on the boat side to cut down on the glare.

I usually use minnows at night but have used jigs with some success.

You will do fine with the Optronics, its what I use and never had a problem.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You do not have to have a large light, but bigger is better. You can connect multiple lights to a battery with the clips, however I get my lights with cigarette lighter plugs on them and I use a multi adapter that you can buy at Walmart. Curly tail jigs are good....I suggest tipping with a crappie nibble. Get the Reel Deal.....get a Reel-Light........They are brighter, they last longer, they are almost indestructable, and they have a very low amp draw.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't need a large light with a 10ft boat & 15ft of water a 410 or 510 LED light
    would be ideal setuup.

This month only if you were to order 510 you would receive 612 LED.

You mentioned price
    1. 180 day money back
    2. 2 year warranty, WHY becuase we have veritally no returns
    3. 17 years (50,000) bulbs (last longer than most cars)

Sooner or later you will own a Reel Lite
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    You do not have to have a large light, but bigger is better. You can connect multiple lights to a battery with the clips, however I get my lights with cigarette lighter plugs on them and I use a multi adapter that you can buy at Walmart. Curly tail jigs are good....I suggest tipping with a crappie nibble. Get the Reel Deal.....get a Reel-Light........They are brighter, they last longer, they are almost indestructable, and they have a very low amp draw.

I thought I could get one of those multi-adapter things, but wasn't sure if I could get plug options other than clips. What size Reel-Lite for 15' of water? I guess I could get more than one, and I typically do. I've read lots of good things about the Reel-Lites.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob # 1 View Post
    You don't need a large light with a 10ft boat & 15ft of water a 410 or 510 LED light
    would be ideal setuup.

This month only if you were to order 510 you would receive 612 LED.

You mentioned price
    1. 180 day money back
    2. 2 year warranty, WHY becuase we have veritally no returns
    3. 17 years (50,000) bulbs (last longer than most cars)

Sooner or later you will own a Reel Lite
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

By all means check out the ReeL- Lites. I have 2 of them and you cannot beat them no way. I have one that plugs into a lighter socket, and one with battery clips. They are the best lights for the money, and Bob will treat you right in every way....

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

For your 10 ft. boat......If you get a 410 or a 510 You will not need a second light. Place your light about five ft. deep and cast your baits to the dark edge around the light ring. I use two lights biut my boat is 18 ft. long...I just use the second light so my partner in the back of the boat does not have to pitch his baits as far.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by throwback View Post
    I thought I could get one of those multi-adapter things, but wasn't sure if I could get plug options other than clips. What size Reel-Lite for 15' of water? I guess I could get more than one, and I typically do. I've read lots of good things about the Reel-Lites.
    As "G" mentioned you can get mulit-adaper and run light and something else or two lights one in front and one in back of boat.

Or I do custom work, have run two lights to "ONE" cigeratte plug (in series) done this only once, myself would not like it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    For your 10 ft. boat......If you get a 410 or a 510 You will not need a second light. Place your light about five ft. deep and cast your baits to the dark edge around the light ring. I use two lights biut my boat is 18 ft. long...I just use the second light so my partner in the back of the boat does not have to pitch his baits as far.
    I'm probably gonna get a 510 or a 612. Do you just suspend the light over the side of the boat? Thanks.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast